Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director

Minimum 10hr work day Tue - Sat and working holidays. Strong professional development however, advancement can take time at higher levels. Overall solid company.
Pros
Professional development
Cons
Work/life balance
Marriott as a company is amazing. If you get in the correct property. The success is unlimited. You will have leaders that will care about you as a person and about your career. You have the best opportunities in having a support and knowledge of the leading best lodging company.
I am worked there for 28 years and absolutely love the company. It has a great work environment, supports an EEO culture and promotes from within. The tenure of most of their employees speaks volumes about the company culture.
Seasoned staff who need support. Very busy, with multiple events going on at the same time. Many opportunitys to learn new tasks through multiple responsibilities.
The management at the time of my employment was pretty descent to start. There wasn't enough banquet employees, I had no assistant, and did not have the tools to operate my department.
Fast-paced, increasingly youthful environment, more exciting than ever but the work hours are long. Be prepared to give it all. Great culture, not always the best pay compared to other hospitality companies. Most on property and at corporate will tell you there are enough resources as they keep teams lean. The best part of the job is the people you work with. Especially on property, your co-workers are like family. Great place to get experience at least for a few years, and especially when you are young. There is upward career mobility especially on property, less so at corporate.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
Great culture, leader in the industry, a lot opportunities to advance, outstanding benefits, fantastic training. Truly fortunate to have worked for such a great company.
Marriott has a lot of great things when it comes to ability to move up, but there is a lot of corporate backstabbing and games that make it difficult to feel the ability to trust many. It would be much better if people were transparent and didn’t always have hidden motives.
I loved my time at Marriott. Its a great organization. There is a bit of a disconnect from corporate to local but I suppose that's everywhere. Our managers were very hard on us, but the job is always good.
As with all things, people make the difference. My last years with Marriott (formerly Starwood) were the exception to the rule but overall, it was a great experience. They are a great mix of people to work with and work for.
Pros
Great People
Cons
One poor executive committee member can ruin the culture of the hotel
Productive and forward thinking with upward mobility and training. I think the company puts people first in everything they do. It has a real culture of diversity and inclusion
Great company for associates to work for. The transition from Starwood to Marriott had a few growing pains but it is much smoother now and a more enjoyable company to work.
+30 year old IT infrastructure with no appetite to upgrade. Top down management approach where lower level employee are not allowed to provide input and/or opinions.
Always work hard attention to details work as team take care of all the events training the team great service . most enjoyable always to help our guests I always loved to work for Marriott .
18 years at the hotel has given be a great deal of experience in the hotel business and how segments of he business effect other areas. Marriott pride their self on the highest possible customer service standards and provide continual training to maintain standard levels. Promoting from with in the company gives a great deal of opportunity to travel the world in the ever growing portfolio of hotels.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Open department prepare staff for the daily duties Contribute as part of the executive Leadership Team Family environment, very motivational worker Hardest part of job is not enough time to get everything done the most enjoyable part of job is my associates and co-workers
Pros
Always full 96% yearly occupancy
Cons
Always full 96% yearly occupancy
the best company i ever work for and give all the best place safe place to work best way to beneficial of health care.i had a fgood time working for that company
With any hotel operation, hard work is needed. At the same time, they take great care of you and want you to be happy working their. Getting days off that are needed for personal reasons was never an issue.
- Daily walk to inspect Casino, public areas and especial jobs performed based on monthly schedules. - Inspect Gym condition and cleanliness, pool decks and reservation status. - Greet all guests who stay on line to reserve palapas, move and greet associates by all pools and beach. - Inspect 1-2 vacant rooms between 7 am and 8 am. - Approve credits to room attendants, review day plan based on last minute call from full time and contractors. - Conduct stand up to all staff, meet managers and supervisors to review prior day issues. - Review and analyze GSS (guest comments) and Trip advisor comments. - Attend Managers stand up. - Attend Operations planning. - Respond guest issues, review action plans of public areas, room attendants and Supervisors. - Meet the PM shift and review day plans with PM leaders. - Attend meetings and review minutes, share and designate actions to managers.
Pros
Proper department budget to engage associates, can use lazy river and complex facilities, gym, pool and beach with my family, employeer retirement plan equaly to my deduction.
Cons
Terrible dental and vision plan.
great place to work, everyone worked together to take care of the client. Learnt new ideas and ways of taking care of guest. Great location in the city of Houston.
Very supportive, care about their people and is the leading hotel company in the world. What else do you want? Great opportunities for internal transfers