Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director of Security

I appreciate the culture of Marriott/EDITION . i would recommend this company to any potential person looking for employment. the hotels are beautiful and the people are interesting.
The Vinoy Renaissance is a beautiful property located near the downtown area. The people, guests, and visitors are the best, and the history is second to none.
The Marriott was a good place to work. Line Staff were professional and courteous to guest. Management was often unfair to employees. Absolutely no consistency in discipline. Employee recognition was often unfairly displayed.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Human Resources personnel not professional, unfair in management of staff
The General Manager was very fun to work with. He gave plenty of room for employees to grow and expand their knowledge. He knew every employee by their first name and walked around frequently to see how everyone's day was going.
Pros
Great General Manager
Cons
I wasn't there long enough
Manages safety and security for the largest hotel in the Carolinas. Decreased the amount of Worker's Comp Claims and dollars.
Pros
Free lunch and free parking (for managers)
Cons
Can't trust GM and Director of HR
The Westin Downtown is a great hotel. The people and my coworkers are great. I was the Manager on Duty tuesday through saturday, handling any guest or employee concerns from 1pm to 11pm.
Pros
Free lunch, parking and great discounts
Cons
Quality of life is absent
Exceptional Training ! Best in the Hospitality Industry. My career has taken me to major cities in the US that I would have never had a opportunity but to visit as a tourist. If you are ambitious, hard working and do not mind moving when opportunity calls...this is the job for you. Hospitality in general is a career that will demand a lot from you as you grow in title when taking on additional responsibilities. It requires stamina, self-motivation and a great sense of humor !
Pros
Career growth and opportunities
Cons
It is all what you make of it !
175 room hotel situated in the Napa Valley. Guests are treated well with staff going above and beyond for guest comfort.
Pros
great surroundings
Cons
work hours/days