Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Dishwasher

This Job helped me build my employer resume by giving me experience in the hospitality industry..great company .. very friendly and fair.. I would recommend to all..
I learned a lot . I wish I still worked there. It was a friendly work environment as well. Room for growth with an the company . Marriott treats employees like family.
Working at the Marriott is a good place to work at the people was highly respected I love this job because you don't have to work as hard like any other job everybody works together not against each other
I only got minimum wage. I was not using my talents or making as much money as I used to. Any person can work as a dishwasher. A dishwasher can not get a promotion.
I worked their 15 years pay was ok days needed of they gave to me but down side worked lots weekends and other people in my job area had lots weekends off did not think that was fair
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work lots weekends
More of what the goals I have for my life, but if I had been given the choice to pass on the job, I would have. But for the most part, working there is actually one of the better jobs that I have had.
The Marriott is a good place to work at near the airport. The management is fair and honest to their employees. With each passing day to week you learn how to keep up in short period of time.
I liked the company but I want a new start in my life . This is a new start in my life and I’m happy to be in this company. I can start at any time or day .
New company owners are stingy and removed employ care rallies and fun events. more work less pay. love the people i work with is the only reason i haven't left. Lot of work with little pay, on your feet the whole day.
Pros
love the people i work with is the only reason i haven't left.
Cons
lot of work with little pay, on your feet the whole day.
I like working there and I learned many new things which I can use in other jobs. They have good training at the Marriott and I recommend to others that they work there.
You'll love everything about working at the Downtown Mariott, everyone there is nice and friendly, the chefs & cooks are amazing! They take everything you say into consideration, 9 times out of 10 you'll get the hours and days you want and they even have other things within the hotel that you can do if you want more hours. I love it & i know you will too
It’s been extremely happy to worked in Marriott Marquis with wonderful family.all the Co-worker are very nice and we all work as Team to achieve the goals. It’s great experience to be in this hotel where everything is doing great and wonderful.
Pros
Wonderful experience
Cons
Nothing to say
i was a dishwasher witch meant i cleaned the whole kitchen plus my area the dishes the silverware the queens and the faculty lunchroom along with that i would use chemicals to clean the drains and certain kitchen items like the ovens
Pros
free meals amazing pay great people
Cons
almost every time we had a banquette i would be there until 3 or 4 am
I like working for Marriott hotel off of 21st and Shadeland ,I work for them for some years and a good worker and like that it keep me busy and my hands stay moving.
Gets very busy this time of year with all business starting to pick back up. More banquets and parties are booked and I help do plate ups for these parties.
Pros
Healthcare
My Time at Marriott was very Sucessful and Stressful its No fun when theres a supervisor yelling at u in your face and nobody helping us out so we can get the job done
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Food Was not good
Their pay isn't enough to live on and employees are treated like they're garbage. Belittled by management without any encouragement of what is done well and right they constantly focus on the negative like being tongue whipped. And denied of the10 minute breaks being reprimanded or made to feel guilty if you dare ask for one.
Pros
The non management employees.
Cons
Corprate greed under paying the people who actually do the work.
I love working there because they are polite drama free employees help out alot when needed they have everything very organize and where they need to be
Cons
Hoh
Working here can either be a very slow paced environment or a very fast paced environment, depending if there's an event or just a regular weekend people want to take for a getaway. Overall we all help each other out from the back to the front of the house.
I learned how to prepare food for the guess aswell as the employees. i learned how to use the industry machine as well learn how to use the flat top grill
Cons
wonderful job I miss the woman, I was partner with washing dishes. me , her both make sure to not get pilled up with dishes. haha sometimes. the servers come in long night . understandable so are we. make long story short we always came out on time working together as a team.