Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Event Coordinator

Atmosphere varies by department and pay structure. Environment is generally fun and collaborative, however there is professional competition. Working hours vary by pay structure. As with any company, salaried associates work longer hours than hourly Management is supportive All departments come in contact with guests, high focus on customer service
Good job if you want to be in hotels but they promise a very people-first mentality and there really isn’t much of that going. Act like they care most about their employees but don’t really
had fun working with Marriott before as they develop and value each individuals and most importantly they don’t discriminate new hire employees. Putting people first and embrace the culture of respect and equality
Marriott is an environmental job where you can grow very positive, energy friendly people. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. I enjoy both because the people at my job are my family
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work. Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Scheduling Work and Activities — Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others. Performing Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Workplace culture is really fun! Higher management genuinely care about your success. Everyone is very professional and easy to talk to. Benefits are provided to full time employees, great location.
No set schedule and you usually end up doing front desk work if your property doesn't sell out every day. Learning all parts of the property is helpful
Marriott International and it's hotel's has a rally strong managers, not depending on department. They are always interested in their employees growth and are helping with trainings, development, etc.
Is a fun loving team work environment. Everyone works to to make all the event come together. The customer pays for a service and we deliver with a smile.
Pros
Free lunches, discount rooms, meeting new people
Cons
A typical day for me is to check in and check out the guest. To follow with the guest on any issues like housekeeping, parking, and engineering and etc, Also if I need to help out in housekeeping and make the beds and detail the room. Help out the check outs. Also sometime they need help in starbucks coffee shop and I make coffee and make the customers happy as well.
Pros
schedule Flexibility paid time off
I don't love the "airport" mentality where we will be so oversold in the hopes that we are even at the end of the night. This is very stressful when you are constantly walking groups.
Pros
Great team, free lunches, decent benefits
Cons
Adapting to old systems, lack of customer experience
I enjoyed learning from management and working alongside my team. We had excellent team environment and I would recommend working for Marriott. I may again work for them in the future however I would like to make more than $30,000-$50,000 in one year and it may be difficult to find a job at Marriott for my goals.
Marriott has the most wonderful staff members. I love working with my team. I have really enjoyed be shown I am appreciated. We have a lot of fun with each other and and with our guests. We all fill like family and so do our guest.
Pros
Pay and Beneifts
Cons
can not think of any
It is also a best place to work with. This place gave me a different direction to prove my capabilities. Gave me a chance to prove by abilities. A had a great learning while working with the organization.
BEST COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR! Marriott International is an amazing company to work for, has great benefits, amazing company, great career advancement opportunities.
Ready for Change. Been with the company for approximately 15 yrs. Great company overall. Not happy with the Leadership which is why I’m ready to move on and make change.
Pros
Great Company Overall
Cons
Property is not the same. Lack of Great Leadership
Working at Marriott International will definitely increase your knowledge of more than a few things, whether you are seeking that knowledge or not. I do however, find that intriguing and very useful in the long run. Management encourages moving around the company to find your niche. The opportunity to learn new things in various departments is the norm in the Marriott culture. The hardest part I would say is when you are just not interested in learning the task set before you because that is not what you applied for. The most enjoyable part is and always has been for me with any job/career is serving people. The appreciation, gratitude and pure happiness you can bring a person is priceless.
Pros
A wealth of knowledge is there for you if you want to learn it.
Cons
Not everything is for everyone, some are overworked and underpaid. This sometimes reflects on customer service, which I believe is a definite NO-NO.
-make sure to check event floor -create poster and directions for customer -male sure customers are well served -great people to work with -make sure a smooth transaction of careoccurs -
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Cons
Good company with good culture and history. Company with Fair treatment and knows how to take care of their staff. Marriott is one of the best Hotel company to work with.
Good Company and very good benefits. Good work to life balance. Hard to move into company from outside. Easier to move up from the bottom. Great family feel, all staff are very friendly and helpful with one another.
Fun place to work but also a large company trying to get the little guy. If you're in a union you're goo! If you hourly make sure you get out by 430 so you can get to your night job. Low pay for hourly workers and sad 2% raise if you get a perfect score on your annual review.