Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Event Manager

Marriott itself is a great company to work for. If you go to work at a Marriott, make sure that the management company itself is a good company to work for in your area. The company that manages that property can be horrible to work for even if it is under the Marriott flag. If you can work at a Corporately Managed Marriott, go for it!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great support
Cons
Working with difficult guests can be challenging
Marriott really is an amazing company to work for from it's diverse associates, family like culture and the amazing benefits. I have worked for the company for over 15 years and have really enjoyed the amazing people I have met along the way, the memorable and fun opportunities and the incredible hotels I have been able to experience.
Pros
Amazing hotel benefits and discounts
Cons
Average pay
A place where you meet different people and interact with different ways of life. you always had something to do. I enjoyed going to work and the people are fun to work with
Benefits
Cons
Covid 😞
Payment is fair Old executive team members. Some of them and also staff members are sticking to their chairs since almost 30 years. It id difficult for a new person in the management team to bring new ideas! The Chef is one of them and is not willing to learn something new. Sometimes you have the feeling that the operation team is doing you a favour by doing their job correctly. The dont want to get out of their comfort zone
Pros
Associate benefits
Cons
Stubborn non changing system
Management is positive and want to help you succeed and progress in your career. It is the hospitality industry so work life balance is not great and you will work long hours.
Pros
Ability to grow, positive work environment
Cons
Work life balance, top leadership is not great at communication, job security
I did not like the way they handle the Conoravirus and furloughed the employees. I have been there 19 years and it did not matter how long you had been there and the payout is not great. There are many associates that are very angry with the company.
I love the people I work with at Marriott. You work hard and it's rewarding work. However, the work/life balance is hard to come by depending on what your position is. Burn out is pretty frequent especially in the Event Management world.
Pros
rewarding work; good benifits
Cons
not good work life balance
The Marriott culture is a wonderful mix. You are working with people from all different walks of life and coming together as one unit to provide for our guests is special. Each individual offers a unique asset and really helps the creativity element of making our guests feel special and to continue staying with us in the future.
Supportive management and endless resources to add creativity . Multicultural team that helps in personal development and great work ethics. Proactiveness and initiatives are always welcome.
customer care and always there for guest needs and supplies and assist associates with their tools and supplies to do the job for our guests, always available for our guests.
Wonderful people and CEO. Innovative and inclusive environment. I made some of my best friends while working there. Really cares about the people who work there.
Not the typical same old routine workday. Always something different and fun and yet sometimes challenging. I truly enjoyed the interaction with co-workers and upper management each day and the team environment and how we all tried to make each other the best we can be with our guests and potential customers. I looked forward to interacting with in house guests and the opportunity to sell meeting and event space and execute successful events for those whom were my Clients.
There are so many opportunities within the company to advance. Great for those trying to start a career in hospitality industry. Leadership is very supportive.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to advance
Cons
This is a place where you can grow up since the company give you the opportunity to learn from any hotel area . When I started I was a the front desk area then they gave me the opportunity to move to reservation departament and after a couple of year I started as a event manager .
Pros
Free lunch, employee activities, doctor
Cons
No a great salary
I enjoyed my 10 years with the company, Would work for them again in a moments notice! Their dedication to taking care of their associates is second to none.
It's a great company to work for with great opportunities for growth and development within their portfolio of hotels. A great leader in the global hospitality.
For this company their associates are their number one priority. Always looking for better ways to improved the work/life balance. Has worked here for 14 years at it has been one of the best professional decisions that I had made.
Pros
Great overall benefits
Marriott is a great company to work for. There a lot of opportunities to learn and grow in your career. You get to work with every single department which helps you learn even more about the hotel as a whole.
Very low parenting benefits, no perks. They need to find a way to create a better work life balance for their employees especially Managers. They prefers bringing Executive leaders from outside than promoting from within.
Pros
Many different career options
Cons
work life balance
The Marriott St. Louis Grand is a challenging place to work. It is often described as a hotel that "if you can manage here, you can manage anywhere." This is a union property, most of the associates do belong to the union, and it is hard to manage these individuals sometimes. However, the pay is great for a hotel, and the opportunities for advancement within Marriott are endless.
Pros
Free lunch, compensation, and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Union Property, difficult employees, horrible work/life balance
Towson University Marriott did not live up to that standards of Marriott. When an employee walks into a Marriott, they have a level of expectation for great customer service and supportive management staff. The general manager lived in the hotel on the 18th floor with his family and HE was NEVER around. It was like inmates were running the asylum. Worst hotel that I ever worked for!
Pros
Marriott discount
Cons
Mgmt staff never around, no one cared about their job