Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Executive Housekeeper

A lot of different personalities, just need to learn to understand them order for them to work for you by respecting them!!! Getting to know them by individual with love.
The managers do not share a common goal. Instead they back stab one another and make each other's job difficult. They don't support each other and they are unprofessional.
Pros
Monthly company luncheon
Cons
No off days sometimes, No manager support
I work for a franchise of Marriott. Horrible. You are not a person you are number. All they care about is numbers. The hotel I work for is filthy. it's the blame game. The GM does nothing to enforce anything. instead of terminating people that have done wrong they get promoted. Tried to do my job to make a difference and get the place clean and you get shot down. The kitchen has roaches.
typical day was hectic. It was a fast paced environment. I love cleaning so I really liked this job. The hardest part of this job was not having it anymore. I really enjoyed this job, this was one of the most enjoyable jobs. I learned to have a higher standard when it comes to work ethic. I learned to develop a higher standard of work ethic for myself and my workplace.
Great place to work I learned a lot from this company It is a diverse place It is a good place to grow and move up within the company I enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
Employee meals discounts and hotel rooms discounts
Cons
I loved every minute working for the Marriott, the best people you could ever meet. Everybody works together and gets along. The pay is good, vacations. and making me feel like we were all family!
It’s a messy environment a lot of drama unhealthy environment. Most of the general managers I have worked with have been truly racist. They drive the blacks out for
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Love working with the staff. They are friendly and outgoing. Management is awesome. Miss working there. I saw this building been built and it was my pleasure to be a part of the Marriott family for a year.
Strong brand standards and purchasing guidelines,easy to follow SOP ,strong learning and development department lot to learn and explore from Marriott.
awesome place to work, great work culture, friendly staff, awesome location and weather, excellent management, feels like a second home, always got help when needed
I loved working for the hotel. It is very fast paste and i loved working with the employees. We got new management and things started to turn for the worse.
Pros
Employees are awesome
Cons
Management does not care about employees. You are over worked and don't get paid well.
Great work environment. High expectations of mangers of un paid over time. Nice perks . great deals on hotels etc. Poor roll out of new Marriott branded programs.
Was a great place to work was able to learn more management skills and enjoy engaging with the guest had a great housekeeping staff and a great management team
The most enjoyable part of my job is to pass all my knowledge to all my associates and see them grow and develop. I have been working in this company for many years and have gained lot of experience. I started my carer as a room attendant and then slowly moved up the career path. This is best part about this company as they give all the support needed to grow.
a tipical day at work what you learn management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Based off what you put into it you can achieve a rewarding career at marriott with rapid advancement opportunities if you are willing to relocate and learn new things
It was fun working with the housekeeping staff. Great employees. Front desk personnel was very polite but very poor management. The assistant manager was very rude with the employees.
Pros
Every quarter employees rally
Cons
Short breaks
doesn’t retain their employees due to poor management and overworks staff. Inventory necessary never arrive on time for use, workers always lacked the tools to complete efficient work. Poor management, always mishandled budget and unable to hire additional employees for help.
Cool place to work, perfect if you have a family, good work hours, good discounts, easy work. relaxed if you are working with a good crew . alot of hotels to choose from to use your discount.
Pros
Easy work, good hours
Cons
Not enough benefits. little room to move up.
good company to work for. learn a lot the turn is very large management is ok. slow pace due to size of hotel. pay could be more for the work load you are given
Cons
huge work load
Overall, benefits at the place are terrible when you work in a place that you don't get any sick day is just terrible, to wor in a place like this actually.
Pros
Cons
management just think about $$$$$ making bonus