Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent in Kansas City, MO

Thankful for my experience at the Marriott, I learned a lot. Great opportunity to learn customer service from a company with strong ideals and attention to detail. Appreciated the learning experience.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, and international company.
Cons
Tough schedule at times.
Great company to work for. Pretty great benefits. Not enough pay tho. Either way, I'd still probably work there again. You kind of got stuck if you worked in my Dept. They would never hire anyone else in case you wanted to move up or transfer departments.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay. Very corporate.
It was a great job to have. Work with amazing people and the management busts their butts along side you. They also go out of their way to take care of their employees. We'd sometimes have to work through lunch and they would always order food for us if that was the case. We were well cared for. Only issue was we were poorly staffed and the few of us couldn't keep up.
Not interesting in sharing my experience working at the Westin Crown Center. The staff was great at the front desk excluding the upper management team.
the work environment was of a high school. A lot of ppl there spend their time gossiping and not working. A lot of stereotyping and prejudices people.
The Marriott is a great company to work for when fresh out of college and is suitable as a first time job but there just is no opportunity to progress further.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, heath care, working every weekend.
I really enjoy working here. Get to talk to great people and see where and why they are traveling. Great place to work! Needs a little help in management and training their employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I worked for this company for a year before it became a franchise property (TPG Procianti) & have survived several GM's. I recently left to follow my old boss to another property/resort. Our new GM rubs everyone the wrong way. The worst part? Since this guy took over HALF of our employees have left many of us going to the same hotel. TPG really made a bad call with this guy. No one likes him...with good reason! It's good to go someplace that appreciates me! Also like working with former co-workers (that left for the same reason I did)!
Pros
starwood employee travel
Cons
new gm
It is a very easy going place to work. It does get pretty stressful during the busy season. They want you to be very empathetic to guests even when the guests are yelling at you over something ridiculous. Its hard to stay calm and collected in those situations. Its expected of you to go above and beyond and all you get is a thank you. My coworkers are the reason I stay.
Pros
free lunches, hotel discounts, flexibility of scheduling
Cons
pay is not so great, very cliquey, advancement is hard
learned how to treat guests as if the Marriott was their temporary home