Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Manager

Front Desk Manager429 reviews
Love working for Marriott. Great discounts for hotels and free meals at work.
Great guest interaction and work in a great team.

Sometimes a big work load and not paid enough for the amount you do and knowledge and systems you need to know. No overtime paid
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Not enough pay
It was ok, I think was alot of down time however I had multiple jobs, scheduling, room inspection, sometimes I would help house keeping, do paperwork and lots more
Pros
Monthly birthday parties for employees
Marriott works you hard, pays you little and claims that getting a small discount at any Marriott hotel makes up for the pay. It does not. Additionally there is never any time to use this discount as you are busy working all the time because it is impossible to maintain any sort of permanent front desk staff with the pay they offer them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything.
lots of growth opportunities. training opportunities are plentiful especially if will willing to move. Great benefits offered as well. Highly recommend.
One of the best companies to work for. Job can be stressful at times but very rewarding.
Constant feedback and training given.

The staff are like family.
Pros
Progression
Franchise locations dont pay fairly or allow for advancement even after being with them for 10 years. Great place to learn how to interact with people and be personable for another career.
Pros
Can be a good gateway for better career
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
It was tremendous teamwork among the company and working culture was an extraordinary! Human Resource’s is open and fair for all. It’s not hard to pass your feedback if you would like to raise your voice in case it’s needed.
Put the work and you can advance great benefits, lots of hotels everywhere so you can also relocate, work all hours hotels do not close, open 365 days a year
Marriott is a very good place to work. Management is helpful and open to listening to anything you would like to discuss.
Marriott company offer help to their employees.
Great company to work . Fastest growing in hospitality. Lots of opportunities for growth and many locations to choose from . Fair and great diversity.
I love what I do. I love the company. Gives me room to grow. Managers are very supportive in helping me fulfill my goals for my career. Working to satisfy our guest and to ensure that they have a great stay makes me happy.
Great place to work out. They have very good benefits when it comes to insurance and 41k.Great recognition to their employees.
DHFKSDHKSDHFKSDHFKSDHFKSDHFKDSHKFHSDK
Working for this hotel was the Best ever they offer employee resolution to any employee conflicts provide advancement when needed assistance with schooling as well as funding plenty of opportunities for advancement Community friendly will always help you to learn more
thankful to have worked for the Marriott brand - I have learned so much from this company and the management and team work is outstanding. I hope to further my experience.
Enjoyed working with Marriott. Get to meet a lot of professionals. Hospitality is at it's highest in Marriott. I've learned a lot from Marriott. Best place to work
I've been here for about 2 years now, and the team here at the Sawgrass Marriott is amazing. We all help each other out and have great comradery. I haven't had a job before with the kind of big family vibe that this property has.
The hardest part of the job is being able to accept you might work weekends, holidays, snow storms etc. This is a great environment to grow your hospitality skills as well as customer service. If you can handle the work schedule, you’ll love It here!
We take a lot of value here of our associates. We encourage promotion with in. I really enjoy the people I work with, but just like the hotel industry, the pay is not as sufficient as it should be, especially for the area and the healthcare is a bit too much as well.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Pay and Healthcare
Dragging environment and work culture with little to no support for the well being and emotional stress of the employees stressful work environment and depressing unmaintained facilities
Everyone has a bad day, That's where I come in, I can turn a day upside down for someone by giving them an easy and fun check-in experience as long with a wonderful stay at a beautiful place. Every guest stay is important and guest's loyalty is important.
youre are just another body/worker bee to them. Zero job security. Management is condicending, pretentious, and rude while they sit in their office and go on 2 hr lunches while you stand for 8 hrs straight and have to beg for a small break.
The higharchy is clear and undeniable. Do not get near enough to be treated like that and so underappreciated