Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent869 reviews
As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones.

During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation.

My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other.

The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call.

In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time.

If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.
Pros
Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance
Cons
I have been with Marriott for over 15 years and I always went to a Marriott branded hotel each time I went to a new property, I was dedicated to Marriott and that is because I loved it! It is a great place to start for people that want to make hospitality & tourism their career. The company takes care of their employees, just like they take care of their guests and Mr. Marriott would not have it any other way!
Pros
Amazing growth potential, great benefits, hotel discount perks are awesome!
Cons
Pay for entry level positions is very low
Culture is a vibe, meeting new guests and return travelers, anticipating their needs to leave them feeling recognized and wanted at the property, prompting great professional relationships with all guests.
Pros
Union Membership
Cons
Seniority
Great leadership from CEO! Very rewarding to interact with people from all over the world. Also, ways providing necessary training to advance in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Amazing company. Came in as a temp, then became hired on full-time.

Would have stayed longer if it wasn't for Covid-19

I will greatly miss working for Marriott.
● Work-life balance
Good work environment energy food and service and will continue working with the reservation reservation for a reservation reservation y
Great job, great people, pay is bad. Only make $9 an hour and I’m too afraid to ask for more money. But I believe i’m worth more than $15,600 a year. That’s why I’m looking for a new job.
I love everything. I don't have any complaints.

Management were very understanding and accommodating.

I enjoyed all my time in all the Marriott properties I work.

Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Great place to work! Fantastic company! There are no boring days, everyday is different! The only drawback working in the operations end is that vacation days are our biggest work days :) It's not bad they pay fairly and the company really cares about it's employees.
Went into furlough when Covid started. I had seniority,been there for two years,worked myself into the ground because they couldnt keep anyone. Was not asked back,instead they bought back one of our sales managers daughter,who had only been there a year. I wanted to keep my status with the company,so i could move on later on. Management is not fair,they like to only hire family members,which i thought was not professional.
Pros
Discounted rates, i loved my other coworkers.
Cons
No breaks, not enough employees, bad management
The Marriott knows how to treat their employees the right way. They are very friendly and are all about their guests and their employees. Love the Marriott.
Pros
Cons
Non
Marriott is a horrible company. They don't care about you. Managers only care about numbers. They want you to get high customer satisfaction scores but they don't tell you it's because senior management gets a bonus if you do. In return you get treated bad if you're not friends with the manager.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
bad place to work
Great learning opporunity. It's great getting to meet new people and even getting to know your faithful guest. I know that you can go online to better education yourself to make room for promotions.
The mngmnt, and owners at TownePlace in Newark, are much to be desired, it's a real shame because it could be a great place to work. I loved the other employees though.
Iam happy to be a part of Mariot group. Always pleasant and happy environment. Staffs were always like a family and even our guests used to celebrate there happy occasions with the staffs over there.
I like the Marriott hotels. And i would recommend this again and again bcz in this industries i can achive my future. Here I got a support from senior and staff. I could learn many things from this industry. So I like it so much
I was very happy working for the Marriott, my co workers were also hard working, there was room for growth. The kitchen would cook and we were only charged $5 lunch that was great!!!!!
I was always able to cross-train and that was important because I did not have a degree.
They don't pay as per the norms salary is not enough for the employee as per location , they also don't pay for extra hours . Management is too slow and messy .
Marriott holds an amazing working environment with the open door policy each is reachable to each .The company ensures employees get some leisure time
Pleasure to work With Marriott , its a such a company ,
i got some of the best working opportunity from this company .

that 's why i want to go through marriott .
Only things was it wasn't a steady schedule so your shift would vary each week that's the only things I didn't like and majority were part time not much full time hours but always room to work more if you wanted and paid weekly