Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent in Orlando, FL

This is a great company to begin a career in Hospitality. If you work in every department and learn the business, you can be promoted to management and enjoy a long work life.
Marriott is a great company. The pay is decent and the work is fair among all employees. Customer service is suburb and guest are always wanting to come back. We have guest who stay 6 to 8 weeks out of the year.
Very consistent and a good place to work. Marriott takes care of their associates and their training is a great place to work. Hospitality experience is top notch!
I was very fortunate to be chosen to work in the Orlando World Center Marriott as a Guest Service Representative, it wasn't easy to be honest. The regular day at the front desk is considered as a 1500 check-ins or more since we have a total of 2,010 rooms. The managers and supervisors are very understanding and supportive, we also have mentors that guide us every step of the way. Despite our busy days, I always enjoy coming in to work because it's always a fun day meeting new people and seeing my friends of course. On top of that we had to balance a bank of $800, process credit card, cash, and check payments.
Pros
Uniform Laundry, Overtime, Diverse culture
If you love hospitality and look no further. Marrriott Intl. Was an awesome place to work. There culture seeks to engage employees, offer opportunities for career progression. Wish I was still working for them. I got a great foundation in guest service and operations.
Pros
Employee Rate, Great Benefits, Marriott Federal credit Union
If you’re going to accept a position in Orlando at the ritz Carlton as a guest experience expert... don’t. they make all their GEE’s part time to avoid paying them when it gets slow. Then because you’re part time you receive no insurance benefits the position itself is basically 4-5 front office roles in one with super low pay which isn’t enough to live on. They demand so much of you and don’t pay you even close to enough to compensate for your hard work. Don’t accept this position unless you’re going in as a supervisor or manager. Also there’s no room for advancement they rather hire an outside person with no experience or skills to be your supervisor.
Pros
Cons
No Insurance, Low Pay, Cut hours when it’s slow, and overworked
Working at the Springhill suites is a memorable experience. I have great managers and a great team who is always willing to work well together. I am so blessed to have worked here.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Manager
Cons
Long Hours
I really feel this is a place where you can grow and have fun at the same time. If you have never been in the hospitality environment Grande vista will make you feel welcomed and train you accordingly for your position.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short lunch
Great team work environment for department co-workers. Limited availability to advance, limited positive reinforcement. Friendly family-like staff and management. A lot of information and knowledge about the company and location is essential to complete daily tasks. Pre-Arrival coordination and booking reservations apply to daily tasks. Time-share information as well as information about the surrounding area, other properties, and directions.
Pros
Discounted hotel rates, discounts at restaurants.
Cons
Short breaks, limited responsibilities.
Always be ready for anything that can happened. Try our best to satisfy the guest. Do not always expect rewards on the spot. Everyone of us is able to bring something good to the team. It is not easy to satisfy everyone. When you do what you suppose to,it makes feel that others depend on you.
The best training in customer care! They give a lot of tools to the front desk agents to satisfy an unhappy guest. Great management.
Here you can learn a lot about US customer Service standards.