Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent in Washington, DC

Marriott culture is by far the best part of the job. Marriott offers so many benefits from room discounts to all the amazing people you meet from all around the world.
Marriott is a horrible company. They don't care about you. Managers only care about numbers. They want you to get high customer satisfaction scores but they don't tell you it's because senior management gets a bonus if you do. In return you get treated bad if you're not friends with the manager.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
bad place to work
Good Pay, Hard Hours, Sometimes Flexable Schedule, Busy, Fast Paced, Nice Working Environment, Nice Managers, Growth Opportunities, Nice and Accommodating Environment.
Pros
Free Lunch, Full Time Hours, Healthcare
I worked for long period of time. It is good place to work. I like the management stile. They take care of the employee. Have health insurance. Salary increment is also fair. I am changing my career that is why I want to change the company. It is difficult to get job Information Technology job here.
Pros
Cons
Carrier change is difficult.
My review on the job was very good because not only did the Marriott know how to treat customers to their best ability but they also knew how to work as a team.I have learned that giving any kind of work environment you must know how to balance when the time comes for you to be very attentive to the customers and their needs as well as making sure that your job and task are being met each day. This may have been the hardest part of the job however knowing the work culture and environment I can say that I have truly enjoyed my time and serves with Marriott .
Pros
good breaks, great food, benefits
The work place culture is very good . I leaned how deal with difficult gusts at hotel . I like team work at the Marriott hotel . The most enjoyable is the team work to finish the given assignment before shift is over .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Parking problem
Everyday is a challenge meeting people in everyday walk of life, but serving the guest is really my forte, being able to serve them and help their stay very meaningful is a plus
I would avoid working at this property as working as a Guest Experience Representative, because it lacks a good work life balance. On the plus side, the staff in general are amazing. They make you feel at home with family.
A typical day at work is fast paced. I learned a lot about different cultures and customs for different countries. Management was empowering and always willing to teach me new skills. Co-workers were kind (for the most part). The hardest part of the job were the extremely long hours with not many days off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different people I was able to meet and interact with.
Not much job advancement opportunities. Management was discriminated.Staff was afraid to report management. Corporate office did not do much to protect staff.
This job was far the best job I ever had. It is a great starter if you want to get a feel of the hospitality industry. Everyone at this hotel treats each person as if you were family. Very positive place with good vibes.
Pros
family-orientated, good vibes and very welcoming, great pay
Cons
work on every holiday including christmas and thanksgiving
Excellent co workers, okay pay, nice area, excellent guests, okay management. The most enjoyable part is interacting with guests. A typical day at work is okay. Sometimes it can be slow, and other times it can be busy.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Greed
Organized, confirmed, processed, and conducted all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations. • Secured payment; verified and adjusted billing. • Activated and file room keys. • Welcomed and acknowledged all guests according to company standards; anticipated and addressed guests' service needs; assisted individuals with disabilities; thanked guests with genuine appreciation. • Spoke with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
Awarded a Spirit to Serve Award. Consistently orchestrate entire shifts, while exceeding customer expectations and meeting the goals of the Front Office. Established excellent and professional relationships with customers, co-workers, and management. Communicated a positive attitude to customers, providing a pleasing and fulfilling experience. Worked in other departments such as bellman, AYS, and rooms controller. Extensive knowledge in PMS, MARSHA, GUESTWARE, MICROS, and other general hotel operations. Continue to grow into a leader while focusing on the overall hotel’s goals, as well as the Front Office goal.
At Westin you will see the best peoples and great teamwork . Everyone is nice
Pros
free lunch
Great company. Great people. Great benefits. Great advancement opportunity.
fun workplaceEntered guest reservation and cancellations information used a custom database. Provided customer service, assisted with guest check-ins and checkouts. Performed nightly credit card settlement, night accounted system backup and produced the hotels daily events and information bulletin.