Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Head Server

My experience at Marriott was very exciting and very informative.I learned a lot while working there and my colleagues were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Late shifts
Beautiful hotel chains and a great experience..Marriott hotel has grown with class and elegant looks and beautiful representations of different cultures in different countries and states.
I have worked for Marriott about 10 years in all and believe my skills put me more in a managers position at this time I'm my career. But is not notice I am now trying to pursue that.
Excellent company to growth within. Excellent pay, good benefits, employee meals, vacation paid, sick days, holidays, excellent training program. Friendly employees
Definitely a place you can learn so much, from banquets to room service and the restaurant, since it is a fairly small hotel you will most likely be asked to cover different areas which leads to more knowledge and better opportunities of career advancement
Pros
Great experience acquirements
Cons
sometimes unsupportive managment
This company is the place all the time for the guest and loyal customers all the time for this company it's really one of the hotel in the world to working with Marriott company . I'm really very interesting to working with this company
The lunch break was very short but the food was cooked very good. I made Supvr. in one year and manger in three years. The see you for you potential and promote you accordingly.
I loved working for the Orlando World Center Marriott. I was layed off when they reduced the staff during the down side of the economy in 2008. I would love to come back in a heartbeat
The W Hotel has been a wonderful place to work at. Great management and coworkers. The hotel is very modern and trendy. All ways up to date on the latest happenings. Incredible pool deck and massage at Bliss.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Na
Meridien Delhi is a monster when it comes to big operation, this hotel is busy all the the time. with the average occupancy of 80 % i learnt how to handle big and busy tasks with the most professional way..
Pros
pushed to your next level
Cons
very stressful at the same time
The position at the Marriott offers everything a good hotel is able to offer. Great environment, professional crew, different shifts, valuable interaction with the guests, benefits, solid salary, discounts, access to hotel facilities, parking, staff appreciation lunches and activities.
Pros
Benefits, salary, day shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings.
not bad to work, easy, union, close from all the major highway is so close you can come any time and go back any time using your vehicle
Every working day were starting from checking the workplace and preparing for dayly event. Informing servers for each event going on. Preparing shift reports and insuring that the club is ready to be open. Assisting and serving guests. Checking for their feedback. We had great manager who were expert in his job and good teacher for us. We always get our target with his help. The most enjoyable part was seeing our guest happy and satisfied.
Pros
Staff Party every 3 month and bonus
Cons
What a start of the life and what a place to work for. It will be in my mind forever as a big part of my adolescent I spend it there, Clean place and good food and drinks. Nice memories and moments.
As head server, I was able to train and schedule the serving staff as well as be instrumental in planning and organizing events for VIP guest. Was also where I was able to greatly increase my knowledge of wine.
did not enjoy working for this hotel. would not work for them again
Marriott Hotels nice place to started your level, i was working and learn with one the best managers sence a work for Marriott
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less hours
The bar in this hotel changed managers three times while I was theree. But still was a great place to work.
Pros
fun lively
When I worked for Marriott it was as a waitress and hostess, plus did a lot of other things. It was a great place to work when the times in the 70's were rough and hard to find a job. I started right out of high school and worked until I had 2 children. I do miss the people that I worked with, some of us do keep in touch. It was one big family that was the atmosphere of working there. Management was good they wanted me to go into management but I was young and not ready to me as I said married to my job. I have grown up a lot since then. I have worked in management for sodexo in their school division. I am temporally laid off for the summer. I am looking to move back to DE.
Pros
good management, fun people to work with
Cons
working holidays, and weekends all the time.