Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Housekeeper1,478 reviews
Found 1,478 reviews matching the search
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are we’re ok don’t give raises

Overall

My experience working at Marriott International, Inc. the staff was helpful nice.
I loved the job it was easy fun and something I like to do but I need more money and the Military pay was to much for me which included getting paid on the 6th and 21st of every month
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Healthcare
I like working there it was fun and nice people and it was easy to work there i just didnt have a babysitter at the time i was work or i would stay ok it was not hard
It was an okay place too work the management was okay. The only thing that could have been better was the equipment and stuff that we where using. But overall it was good
Marriot is a great company to work for, great benefits and higher then normal pay.
BUT the Housekeeping Dept at the new Ocean Front Hotel is terrible!

I really hope the new male supervisor can figure things out and get them straight.

When I was hired on the spot back in June, i was hired at $20 per hour. Yes, summer incentive BUT that was not made clear to me until 9 days after i started working there. To get that $20 your rooms have to be above 90% cleaniness, perfect attendance, be on time every time AND THE BIGGEST KICKER OF THEM ALL.....YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL YOUR ROOMS DONE BY THE END OF YOUR 8HR SHIFT.

SOUNDS EASY, RIGHT?

Well you cannot complete 9 to 16 rooms by yourself in a 8hr period when check out isnt until 11 (80% of guest stay later 12 to 4pm) Also your different levels of the Marriot Rewards program determines your check out time, for instance if you are a titanium member your check out is at 4pm. That many rooms to be done to their check list standards is impossible! Yes, many girls get all their rooms done in that time, HOW? Well they cut corners!

Dont vacuum, sweep, mop, change sheets. I was paired with 7 different partners and ONLY 1 did it 100% right, and correct to their standards. They are blind to that factor.

On top of running floor to floor trying to find supplies, sheets, towels. Super busy weekend but the night time house men or early morning housemen dont do their jobs, so when housekeeping comes in and are ready to work...closets are in disarray, no supplies, carts used for housekeeping are DISGUSTING, trash left on them, old wet towels, sheets,
 - more...
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Many many things
I enjoyed doing my job and making sure guess had a good experience during their stay. I didn’t like being accused of not doing something when it wasn’t my fault to begin with.
Way under minimum wage to start. They will over work you b.c everyone quits and then you have to do thier job. There is NO communication between anyone so you constantly get taken from doing your job to have like 3 different ppl repeat the same thing. NO SUPPLIES FOR GUESTS EVER, so they will then yell at you if a guest is unhappy. Filthy too, most linens have stains or smell.
Pros
Guests are nice sometimes
Cons
Managment will talk bad about guests and employees
Coming in on time everyday. Getting my scheduled rooms, packing and loading supplys to my card , starting on a empty room taking all laundy out and cleaning rooms proberly.
Pros
Tips
I enjoy the vibe that I get from everyone . We all treat each other as family. It's a piece of mind. I have time to myself. Sometimes it can be a little challenging.
Management and staff are great to work with. Team work, professional, hard working team members.
Transportation were provided for staff that live a distance
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime sometimes
Unprofessional management.
Always underestimate the staff.

Never doing personal connections.

Never keeping their word.

Never giving proper training...
I love the Marriott brand and hotels. Great place for room to grow as in a career. I love the friendly staff and the fact that the rooms are very comfortable and you feel safe
Pros
Great staffing
Cons
Guest can be rude
Loved the company and my department was treated great by management and employees felt appreciated and they took our advise and let us make suggestions to help out our department
I've been working for Westin Harbour for just a few months but I feel I'm enjoying the work and having a wonderful Team at Housekeeping Department. My supervisor and manager are very much supportive and approachable.
Learned a lot working with Marriott. Overall a good experience. I liked the people I worked with and the opportunities to build your career. Would definitely recommend working with Marriott.
The one I worked at the manager was racist, un appreciative, and lazy. Mgt above her did nothing about favoritism nor stealing when brought to his attention. It was a hard, back breaking job but nice in a sense that time flew by so fast and the task at hand were easy. The job was just demanding and would had been less demanding if linen closets were filled and ready for us in the mornings instead of all the running back n forth n up n down steps all day trying to find all the supplies you need to complete your say. Very un organized. Staff was not very friendly on top of everything else.
Pros
My teammates were very niceto work with
Cons
No time for breaks. You have an alotted time per room no matter the condition
Marriott was one of my favorite jobs I’ve had in a while. I like my supervisors my Human Resources department. The company has good benefits, and great pay. I really enjoy working for the Marriott company
The oriole was friendly and respectful we got the done and we finished at a great time we clean the bathrooms and make up the bed we wiped down everything
This is a great job , a lot of work physically, but other then that it’s great . I’m not sure if the manager still works there but I feel he could really care about his employees more about their Heath .
I enjoyed eveyone I worked with.I had a hard time keeping up with my room time but they were always encouraging and positive all the time,.I liked everything about this job.
Treat you good til the one that leaves that they dont like. Than the manger promise to help with things and wont run you down . But when it's your turn to get treated like trash they go back on what they say. Even when you bust your butt for them they always had to say you didnt do good any ways. The gm and some of the housekeeping were bad. But most of the other employees were very good to work with.