Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Housekeeper in Kansas City, MO

Gettin supplies ready for the day, cleaning the areas assigned to me and having everything ready for the next shift. I would help out else were that I was needed.
I was only a temporary and contracted worker for the Marriott Hotel in Kansas City, MO....but my experiences there were overall positive and I was able to work at my own pace.
It was okay the managers was great but some of the co workers was not easy to get along with but overall enjoyed working there. I liked the fast paced work. I also liked that some of the co workers helped you with the rooms it really was team work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
enjoy my job and the work that's provided, the environment is relaxing. love helping and greeting my guests at the hotel and adepting to managing efficiency to company standards.
I had fun at work everyone treated everyone with respect they love to get to know each other and they remember everyone name and made sure that's u have all the tools to work with
Cons
A typical day consisted of a quick meeting in the morning and everyone getting their assignment board for the day. From the first day I worked there, I quickly noticed how unorganized everything is. My supervisors never introduced themselves, they were unfriendly, I had to figure out who was who. Most of my coworkers didn't speak English, so communicating with them was very hard. The hardest part of the job was that a lot of linens were stained which made making beds to be very time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Downtown kc Marriott was a great place to work. We had to clean guest rooms and public Area of the hotel as well. I really enjoyed working here it was a fun environment.
Pros
They gave discount rooms while working at the hotel. They had dental, and health insurance. And 401k as well.
Cons
They had short lunch breaks, and we had to clean between 18 and 20 rooms per day.
great job hard work fun and exciting employees, arrive at work, load housekeeping cart, enter guest rooms clean to Marriott standards, repeat.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
A typical day at the Marriot would constis of making sure that all of the rooms were kept clean after a guest would leave. I learned more on how to clean in a timley manner. Management was always doing their job, very professional, and very understanding. Hardest part about the job would have to be on Sundays when everyone would leaving, becuase you would have people checking out late and you would not be able to get into your rooms.
Pros
Great benfits and always had special things planned for the workers
Cons
Hours