Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Human Resources Manager

Marriott Int'l is a fantastic company to work for - keep in mind if you work at a particular hotel - cultures may vary due to differences in leadership. Overall - the company offers great opportunities for advancement or to explore different disciplines, competitive benefits from a healthcare and 401K retirement saving plan standpoint, and the diversity among associates leads to learning and appreciation of others. They are the leader in the hospitality industry and promote a culture of taking care of associates so they can take care of the guests.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
Hospitality is not for everyone. Must be thick skinned
Marriott is a dream job for every hospitality professional..We believe in overall development of an individual.Ample opportunities within thencompmay are provided to grow.
I loved working for Marriott! They were responsible, respectful, & resourceful. Always something new to look forward to. Management was great helpful.
Pros
Management was great!
Cons
Long hours but loved the people I worked with! Great company with good values. If you wanted to move up, there is great support for promotions, etc. I would go back to work for them, but don’t want to work every weekend or all holidays.
At property level there is still opportunity for growth with Leadership. The company's expectations are for all managers to work 10 hours each day. Generally, expectations somewhat unrealistic with training rushed in a way that employees are not 100% prepared for their new role. It is a hit and miss overall.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Lacks work/life balance and underpaid.
A great place to work, its one company which actually believes in putting its people first. Apart from a great learning experience it also offers a healthy work life balance.
A Great Place to Work, if it wasn't for redundancy I would not be leaving. The feel of family and wellbeing makes it a great place to work. I worked in various different roles over a period of almost 25 years. Great Benefits available too.
A great opportunity for those in the hospitality industry, or wanting to get into it. The ability to transfer to another country after 1 year in a Management role.
This company has great intensions, but failed in my onboarding and ever making me feel a part of the team. They take a lot, but give very little back in the form of support.
Working environment is very productive and friendly. Employees are given the necessary tools to complete their daily tasks and deadlines. Strongly recommended.
Cons
Long Hours
Charleston, WV was one of my favorite locations to work. I enjoyed the hosts that worked there, we were a family, honest and caring to each other. There was a collaboration and an team environment.
Pros
collaboration, team environment
Cons
Great company the employees seem to be friendly. I did not stay because the commute was too long and costly. No assistance with transportation. It would of been good if not for the cost of commuting and the time to commute.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
amount of invoices to process weekly
Lots of room for career growth in several locations. Great benefits. For example, affordable health care, 401k and discount room rates. While it is a stressful environment there are many rewards
Diversified, challenging, friendly, flexible, and creative. I learned that every situation is unique. Management is always supportive, and create opportunities for growth. The culture in the workplace is open and diversified. The hardest part of the job, is to terminate due to downsizing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall family concept.
Pros
Flexibility, networking and meeting new people
Cons
Departmental downsizing.
This is a great hotel and an even greater staff. Most new hires are welcomed and treated as though they are one of the family. They are hardworking in all of our guest facing roles and do a wonderful job in maintaining the cleanliness and integrity of our hotel.
Pros
Free lunches/Dinners, great working environment, close to mall and public transportation
Cons
No longer associated with the Starwood family of hotels.
Typical Day = no two days are the same What have you learned = take risks Management = progressive Workplace culture = progressing to a world class brand Hardest part of job = difficult only if you do not enjoy what you do Most enjoyable = making a difference in what you do everyday
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Na
I have learned my specific area of work in HR like, Leadership Performance Process, HR Planning & Forecasting. Etc. I also learn how to work with senior management as well as HR Audit, Payroll etc.
Westin is a great company to work for, no doubt about it. However, when I was working there, the person I reported to failed to train me efficiently in the areas of Westin culture, expectations and left before I was even there a year.
A place that applies Marriott culture as it should. Taking care of employees and guests. The place has a great team spirit and a culture of celebrating success.
My experience being employed at the Galord National gave me knowledge of HR procedure and protocol. I truly learned a lot working around dedicated co workers and knowledge staff.
Pros
Ability to navigate career, excellent benefits
Cons
A beautiful resort with very good hardware. Open door approach by executive committee cascade to senior department heads. Friendly relationships among associates.
Pros
4 meals provided daily
Cons
Resort and dormitory is located in a remote area