Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Lead Cook

working with our people. Learn how to work in other areas. Being able to create new menu's every six months and provide the best food. Working as a team to get the job done and having a good time at the same time. Lifting heavy boxes. Joking with co-workers and managers.
Pros
Great bene.
Cons
Less money.Advancement opportunity is very slow.
Wonderful place to work,the environment that is created helps makes work easier we ensure that creating a safe and fun ambiance for our guest is our highest priority
Too much responsibility for the money .they want you to be a staff manager for cook money. And still give cook's hours if you're not salaried. Just need to up the pay and trust supervisors more.
I like working at Marriott-International because good people and good jobs learn a lot from a good chef and make different dishes they have good discounts to the hotels
Working for the Marriott 7yrs now I love it it’s a great company to work for. With benefits discount you receive u can travels anywhere anytime so come work with us not for us cause we are a team here
I have worked in the kitchens of a few Marriott properties. My overall perception of the company is very good. They offer good pay, good benefits/vacation package, and outstanding travel discounts. My experience from one hotel to another varied greatly. I loved my job and managers at one hotel but completely loathed both at another. Unfortunately you do not know what type of experience you will have until you take the job. I called it quits most recently after being worked 60-95 hrs a week continuously and being overlooked for a promotion despite my hard work.
Well I was moved up quickly! It is a Hotel with alot conventions events. Alot of people attend and come with there companies. There a couple of restaurants and they all are busy. Practically everyone helps each other.
I came here expecting to do great, awesome things in the kitchen but come to find out its all frozen, heat to order food. Limited on what I could do in the kitchen do to "high labor cost" not able to show my talent, was always told not to go above and beyond with food specials or preperation. Nothing is made from scratch. Its all from a box or a bag of powder mix. Only good thing is the pay.
Pros
Pay, smoke breaks
Cons
Poor quality food, managment.
im on contract i don't have much to say i work there but for a temp agency the staff is nice the chefs are sometimes nice always professional .. i would like to become a full time employee for this company at a different level
Very fast paced but there is plenty of help when the manager knows what he or she is doing. The other employees are good co-workers. There are some issues with co-workers that come from other countries and do not know English very well.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Some people from other countris afe hard to understand
its a nice place to work for n a lot of team work n a nice staff n everyone help out each other n the chef is a great cook n great leader I really learned a lot I started out in the dish room n worked my way up to a lead cook
Pros
goog menue
Cons
need a new dishwasher
Always been a pleasure and will continue to be. Always learning and filled with people who motivate to do better and become better. It’s a great place to be.
Pros
Cons
None for me
The hotel industry is a great but when you work for the largest hotel industry in the world. Makes it so much better for growth if I ever choose to go back they will be the to work for.
I loved working here. I learned so much and love the fast paced environment. Management was willing to teach you and help you grow. Unfortunately all the ESPN Zone owned by Disney closed.
Very friendly Coworkers and a fun place to work good team members always care for each other and shows the utmost respect to each and everyone regardless of age
Great job for college students for the position I was working. There was flexibility with my hours. I would average 6 hours a day 5 night a week. With a very comprehensive environment and teem work.
a work day at the Marriot intense and fast pace ,always learning something new, different cooking techniques, working with new tools of the trade , management was the best that I have worked for always teaching, grooming, and preparing us for success ,the culture was to take you to your most highest place , the hardest part was waiting and being patient for promotion , because of the amount of talent that was present.the most enjoyable part of the the job was seeing a smile on people faces when they taste something that you created and they like.
Pros
something new everyday
Cons
when business gets slow
This located taught me a lot while I was there. I learned the time management great people skills. I worked with many different cultures to learn different techniques in food preparation.
Pros
growth knowledge and strength
Cons
long hour alot of time spent away from family
i liked working there. lots to learn. good people, all departments have a lot to offer. i would work for them again. the the the the
8 to 10 hour work hours per 5 to 6 days (pending overtime) Communication is practiced and implemented strongly Management and employee relationship is impeccable and well-structured. Co-workers are more than helpful and enticing, providing incredible feedback and executes excellent work ethics. Because the work setting is busy on a daily basis, important elements are maintaining communication, safety, and professional conduct. Guest interaction, employee / management relations, and hospitality services are the most enjoyable of the work.
Pros
Meal breaks and Company Benefits
I was a lead cook at the Marriot hotel and resorts. I enjoyed the fast pace work environment. It gave me a chance to travel between different hotels and work with a wide variety of cultures making my communication skills stronger.