Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Loss Prevention Manager

Good company learning all the time good management easy to get on travel always friendly team friendly promotions easy good management always helpful every day is different
Pros
Easy learn
Cons
Good benefits
Horrible pay and raises. Managers and HR reps constantly mention benefits being part of your pay. Micro management seems to the norm at least at the Marriott I worked at.
Pros
Hourly associates tend to be easy to work with
Cons
Low pay
I was employed by Marriott for 13 years. During that time I undertook training at various levels. Marriott look after their staff to ensure the staff look after the guests. Good staff discounts regarding meals & accommodation.
An excellent company culture set up managed by marriott towards the associates. Have good career development program to succeed further your career and opportunities to learn different hotels brands.
good career job free lunch good benefits there could be more employees to help the work load needs to be more helping and less delegation needs free parking
Pros
good benifits
Cons
can be overwhelming with work load
supervised a staff of 6 loss prevention officers and 2 front desk managers. Some of which were bilingual making my experience at Marriott Hotel very productive.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
Marriott is a great place to work, they offer lots of benefits and the work environment is great! The discounts you can get on hotel stays is one of the best benefits.
Working with this company is amazing because it is the first favorite travelling company Good working environment Adaptive and persistent Good management Chatting with colleagues
Pros
3 meals/day
Cons
Health care
i joined Ritz Carlton hotel under Marriott umbrella really i was so happy for the training i got everyday from superiors. i quit cause of unrest in my home country
With being located across from American Airlines center, there are endless events going on that bring a lot of foot traffic in the area. Extremely interesting clientele.
Pros
Location, amentities, free secured parking
Cons
traffic
The most enjoyable part of my job at the Marquis was meeting new guest everyday. While working at the Marquis I enjoyed the daily challenges continuously learning new ways to satisfy the needs of the guest.
Marriott is a great place to work and meet people from all over the world. It is a great environment to learn and grow with in the company and to learn about brilliant hosting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Great Healthcare
typical day varies. I learned a lot of communication skills by interacting with staff and guest of different cultural backgrounds. My co-workers were great team players and very appreciative of my efforts. Management is slightly disengaged from the associates at times but all in all the job experience at such a property will help you better your professional hospitality career and knowledge.
This job keeps you busy. The guest service industry is great. Interacting with people, guests and associates never gets boring. That is the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with personality conflicts.
Mu opinions are confidential and I refuse to discuss anything further about previous companies I have worked for. I will discuss any questions with possible employers only if asked.
hand out assignments order parts pay bills morning and monthly meetings. inspections. co-workers very formal and professional. overall enjoyment great and fun with many challenges but rewarding
Pros
lunch menu was great and affordable
Cons
inspections
I worked for Marriott years ago, before the "online" application process. I worked for them again and made several attempts to transfer without success. Here is the issue. A "transfer" isn't a "transfer" on the employees part. You have to apply for a new or even the SAME position all over again. You interview like your a "new" employee and are treated as such. No follow up or feedback! They also use a "recruiter" who forwards the applications to the hiring managers. The "test" you take to see if your match is ok if you test well. Some people don't so they may be missing out on good candidates. Other than THAT? Everything else is great.
Benefits
only unionized staff or boss flickers can survive here. old ideas of management. no encouragement for new ideas, no cell phones. no social networks.
Pros
free lunches and nice ooffice
Cons
long hours, no new ideas ad initiats encouraged.
The hardest part about working at the Marriott is dealing with the guest. The building is so big that the guest get lost all the time. My employee was great they showed me the true meaning of team work
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks and works 12 hour days
 Managed guest complaint and carefully resolve in an expeditious manner.  Organized work schedules and assignments for shift personnel  Effectively handle any security related incidents which arise on shift  Observe and report any security breaches along with monitoring CCTV Security cameras  Conducted daily physical hazard inspections and daily patrols and complete all reports
co workers all nice,managment was nice as well. hardest part of the day was leaving. day changed every day never the same
Pros
free lunch
Cons
in la jolla