Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Loss Prevention Officer

Working for Marriott has been an overall good experience. The benefits are amazing, and the atmosphere is enjoyable. Being able to build lasting relationships with coworkers has been great.
Terrible mangers with favoritism in every department .No pension just hotel rooms for life.Worst industry for pay. Lie on their surveys. Favoritisms .
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Terrible company worldwide
Pay & benefitsThe pay for at Marriott International is on the lower end in the hospitality industry but the benefits are amazing. If you are looking for a job with great overall benefits this is a good place to go to.
Overall I love working for this company. Your advancement is only limit by yourself, if your willing to be open to new things and places there is always an opportunity to grow.
Pros
Free lunch, meeting new people.
Cons
individual people, whether its customers or employees that can be a problem, the company itself is not an issue.
For once in my life, I love coming to work! My whole team is amazing and everyone helps each other out. Everyday is different but fun. I love meeting different guests from all over the world. Best decision I ever made working for Marriott!
the benefits are good and the perks are good also . meet new people almost everyday. no two days are the same. They can be flexible. acation time is good.
Pros
job perks
Cons
off season's
One of the better companies i have worked for, they look out for the employee more often than most other companies, plus travel benefits was always a plus
I got to meet a lot of interesting people / both co workers and guest. No two days were alike. It was a really good job that I would do all over again.
Pros
No micro managers, employee recognition
Cons
Pay could be better, shift work (includes too many weekends)
The workers bust their behinds off and its RARELY appreciated. Most managers have been in the building forever and they've formed "clicks". HR is suppose to be there for the hourly associates but they're all friends of the managers so you'll never have a fair shot unless you bring in corporate. They're extremely messy and when things go wrong, they don't aim at the head, they go directly to the feet (hourly associates). Working for Marriott is beneficial but keep to yourself and stay quiet, that way you wont become a target. Retaliation is their number one thing.
Out of line supervisor, free to make your life miserable. Unchecked. Supervisor attempted multiple times to "frame" me for others errors. Favoritism ruled the department egregiously.
I enjoyed working at the Marriott for several reasons. I started off as a housekeeper and ended a Loss Prevention Officer. The staff was always welcoming and always supportive and showed concern for its employees.
They need to stick to the Marriott motto, which they don't. If you treat your employees great the they will treat our customers great and the customer will return,
great comapny to work for. There was something new everyday given the location of the hotel i worked at. My Security Director and Supervisors were very helpful in my development.
The Marriott has a nice employee area to eat your lunch and free soda machines for the people who like sodas. There are TV's in there as well to focus on while there.
My review is excellent base on my performance by being helpful the guest and being a good team player and also get the job done by patrolling the property , check the fire control room for safety and contacted investigation and a report for any incident and accident from the guests.
simply put I love working for Marriott International. It is an overall great company that provides you with a lot of perks and benefits. I mostly love the culture and the work environment. I truly made a great decision in moving forward with my position and I look forward to growing long-term using Marriott’s internal promotion structure. They truly invest in you!
It depends on which Marriott property you work at. Avoid Atlanta Marriott Marquis at all cost especially Loss prevention department the pay is horrible and there's no manpower.
Company that will challenge you to meet your department goals which will drive guess satisfaction during their stay. Workplace culture is compared to being apart of one big family. Most enjoyable part of the job are the associates that I work with everyday.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Understaffed
The hardest part if the job was that i had to escort non-guest of the property. I worked overnights and I noticed that the night crew was more or less a little family with only 4 people on. I really enjoyed that i was able to use the gym and exercise equipment.
As a Security Specialist in past jobs, both state and federal levels, Security at the Marriott is a joke, and most employees working there would agree. They hire employees and people in security with little or no experience and there is no accountable for what they do. As a previous police officer, Federal agent, with many years in experience, Marriott shows little respect for their service. The management at the Marriott is more interested in their own political gains and care little about their employees or hotel unless it affects them directly.
It was a good place to work. Get to meet many people from different walks of life. Everyone working together to make sure that the guests' stay is a memorable one.