Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Manager in Training

Manager in Training13 reviews
Overall, a great company to work for. Began working at Starwood Hotels 7 Resorts Worldwide, Inc. but company was acquired by Marriott International as of September 2016.
I think the overall experience of this company is subpar. You can find a better company to work for with more benefits and better work-life balance. Experience is experience, but I don't credit Marriott as a company to have contributed much to who I am as a professional.

They rescinded my offer during COVID with no severance pay and no opportunity to qualify for government assistance.
Pros
Gaining Experience
Working for a franchised location can go either way. I worked for Columbia Sussex and was not a fan. However, I was task forced to two separate properties to help out when my Hotel was well staffed and the other lacking. I thoroughly enjoyed working at the other two properties, but that may have been that they had better Managers and Directors above me that were happy to help me learn rather than being task forced and made to go through the motions. I had to ask for a promotion after having been completing the same position for almost a year and the manager was just like uh, okay. So that was difficult to work for someone who did not actively search for ways to motivate their managers in training or other agents.
Great family oriented company. Lot of ground based training allowing associates to perform at a maximum efficiency. Great people and very supportive.
Great Managers tough regular employees but overall a good place to work just has a lot of turnover on top of customers who expect full service at a half service property
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad hours
Marriott was like institution for me more than work place I learned almost 75% of my current skill in Marriott. The only this which Marriott was lacking is their salary scale which is too low.
First they do not even tell you that it is not a real Marriott but instead a franchise. Which makes a world of difference. They only need to meet certain standards. They treat their employees horribly and when they do good they do not even recognize it. Also the manager in training is anything but that. You are only seen as a supervisor and barely do any managerial work.
Great growth opportunity with Marriott. Associates are treated fairly and with respect I had many opportunities to grow may career and travel with this company. hey allowed me to learn and choose my own career path.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Good place to work and learn for an up and coming manager. Fast work environment.• Trained for and performed all the duties of a front desk representative, took advanced deposits, performed daily cash count of the front desk drawer and front desk safe, and also acted as M.O.D on night shifts.
• Promoted to acting Executive Housekeeper for five months of which four months were while the hotel was under renovation, managing a staff of 25 people where I learned how to break out boards for rooming assignments, and make schedules based on forecasting. I developed a spreadsheet for ordering room amenities based on room forecasts to help minimize budget expenses. I was in charge of ordering all room amenities, linen, and chemicals as needed to keep the hotel up to standards. I learned linen inventory and developed a spread sheet to keep count of the linen par stock. I also acted as M.O.D on weekends.

• As Executive Housekeeper I increased our GSS survey scores over the previous Executive Housekeeper in the rooms division by 13% over all, 5% above brand and maintained and increase them throughout the renovation process.

• While in renovation I directed the remodel of all the guest rooms. All guest room amenities were taken out and properly stored, I punch rooms and signed over floors back in order after all renovations were completed. I ensured all rooms after renovation were back to Marriott Brand Standards.

• Trained and performed HR/Accounting, opening batches, posting credits and debts on accounts. Weekly safe counts, updating daily, weekly and monthly logs, daily bank
 - more...
If you are willing to make some money while you are in Anchorage, AK. This might be the place for you ... As any hotel during summer (in AK) it might get a little hectic but as long as you are willing to put some effort, you are going to be fine!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Stress
This was a two year management training program which allowed me to rotate between the Sales and Events Office, Front Office and Housekeeping.
I have extended my experience in project management via the Sales and Events department, customer complaint resolution via Front Office and people management via Housekeeping and Night Manager.

Interchangeably, the most enjoyable and most difficult part of my job was the guest interaction.
Pros
Enjoyable staff to work with and beautiful property to go to work to each day.
Cons
Uninspiring management team.
It was a beautiful place. It was a good first job out of college.
I am working as a banquet Captain usually a day start in reviewing the BEO of the week and start up putting our goals for the week