Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Night Auditor446 reviews
I've been working for Marriott International, Inc. for over four years and it's a great place to work and advance. I've always worked with a great group of people.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
pay not that great
Most employees stick around and many for 20 years so far. No raises and no growth
opportunities. Management are kind and respectful. sense of a family culture.
Pros
Free lunches, Job stability
Cons
No growth, no raises
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are average compared to similar positions in the area. I would say in general, though, many hospitality positions are underpaid for the amount of knowledge and skill they must have to do their job. Also, since hotels are open 24/7, you will have to sacrifice a lot of weekends and holidays.

Job security and advancement

In terms of job security at Marriott International, Inc., I think you are in a good position. Night Audit is a tough shift to fill and if you are reliable, your job will be pretty secure. You may be able to move into management by proving that you are reliable and hard-working.
This is a fantastic job for someone who is in college. The job itself is not very difficult for training; I learned the system with ease. At the property I worked at, I was the only employee on shift, which does mean that you have to be able to think for yourself and complete tasks all on your own. Overall, I enjoy my experience there.
Pros
My managers were amazing!
Cons
Working at night has its own drawbacks.
Marriott is a great company to work for. They really care about their associates and they take good care of them. I love their motto, take care of your associates and in turn the associates will take care of the guest. I have learned an extreme lot from Marriott about excellent customer service and therefore those skills have been instilled in me, I know what great customer service looks like thanks to Marriott. It has been an awesome experience working for them and I have met a lot of very nice and interesting people, some who have become like family! Love it!
Pros
Great Associate recognition program, great incentives, great benefits
Cons
It is working with the public so sometimes you just can't please everyone no matter what.
Working for Marriott can be good and bad. I loved the fact that we were relaxed and could enjoy downtime as long as we did our work. I never saw anyone in trouble for phones or anything. Management was amazing at that. But......It did seem like management had other priorities out of line, too much drama, and no room for advancement unless you were a favorite. I am at a different property now but was given severely low pay as a result of my race. After confrontation my next check immediately showed higher pay. I was targeted for reasons unexplained and nothing was done some coworkers were amazing and others just terrible but the experience was great
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, drama, GM was terrible, racist people
I felt like I was improperly or poorly trained. Would had enjoyed job more if management took time out to complete training for front desk functions... this would had made me more confident and the guest as well.
Great flexible hours. Excellent company benefits.Nice interaction with fellow employees. Mangement is very accessible and will assist with any concerns that arise.
You will learned more how to interact with other people.Management is OKAY. Love thy employees before others.Good salary package and benefits were given to employees.
The team is like a family. They are very caring and supportive. They make you feel important. Guest satisfaction #1 priority. Management is incredible!
I've been in Hotel hospitality since 1994. Lack of communication and loyalty has been a major factor! Being the Night Auditor/MOD you rarely get to know what's going on through the daily functions of operation. I know I'm a great fit for any hospitality company. But it starts with management! Thank you for your support!
My nights typically consist of me just running the audit and completing the paperwork. I deal with guest on a minimum due to the hours that I work. Management (the AGM) is pretty cool.
Overall descent place to work for. Very understanding. Always learning something new. Always trying to improve their operations. Too much overturn with management. May have a been an issue with that specific location.
I love my job I loved when I work here I loved everything abt the job. I loved my staff and all the pearly d me it was a fast a steady pace daily . You never ru out of work to do
This is my first night auditing job and it was a bit scary at first. But i thank God for my co worker . She was able to help me and teach me things i didnt learn from the guy that trained me .
I learned a lot about legendary costumer service and what it means to manage in a hospitality role. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the sophisticated atmosphere and having the benefits and employee discount. The hardest part for me is dealing with angry guests that can try your patience but it teaches you to remain and calm and professional under pressure. Working overnight the shifts are very relaxed depending on the season around May(graduation season) and the summer is busier with guests requesting things through the night or dealing with more complaints. Winter is excellent for students because with all your work done combined with a quiet night it can be good to take care of your studies if time permits it. But overall I've enjoyed the time I've had with Marriott and recommend if you want to be in the hospitality industry or if you need a good job while going to school.
Typical shift start whit your checklist by which you covered your responsibility.
The guest and the team are incredibly supportive of any new starting, helping with all adapting procedures.

The company have a slow procedure of the training help everyone to learn in the best possible way all the necessary process; there is no stress about the speed of the learning.
Cons
horrible management if you were not liked by management forget about being treated fairly. hourly wage is different for for everyone regardless of experience.
Great company to work for. Family oriented. Work/ life balanced. Great experience, benefits and pay. Opportunity for advancement. Productive Staff meeting.
The Marriott as an overall company did what they had to do, but they could always do better. It was worth the money but the management could definately use improvement
The night audit staff were very helpful in cluing me into everything that needed to be done. I felt very much a part of a team, and was compensated fairly, considering the ease of the work itself.