Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Operations Supervisor

I have worked for Marriott for years and I have never had a bad experience with them. If you work in operations you need to be flexible in your availability and understand that the hotel is open 24 hours 7 days a week. It is not a good idea to work on site or in operations with a restricted schedule, unless mentioned during your interview so an agreement can be made between you and management.
Pros
employee rewards, benefits, career development
Cons
scheduling is not flexible
Working for Marriott as a company is great. Good benefits and advancement opportunities. the management at my specific property leaves much to be desired though.
employees are great and you will have fun but customers will gt anything they want no matter how they treat you, sometimes hours are crazy and you wont get sleep but great if you want to work in hotel indstry
I love the workplace and the people I worked with. I definitely work with Marriott again. The benefits are great. Management gave the opportunity to learn and help manage the hotel. I learn to do different kinds of positions.
I like that with this company there was room to grow without favortism and solely based on job performance. They made work fun exciting. They listen to ideas.
Good company, lots of opportunities and hotels available for growth in NOLA. Management/Leaders motivate their staff to want to be better and serve guest. Creating memorable moments is our passion, and we love when guest share stories about us.
Workplace culture is based on diversity and helping everyone advance into their career. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving back to guests when they would visit and making their entire day with something simple.
Pros
benefits such as healthcare, travel discounts, and 401k
Cons
work life balance was little to none, lunch was not free as it had to be ordered off property
Very educational and empowering. Everyone was included in the team and truly cared about the service we were providing, anyways found time to have fun
A typical day at work would be managing the day-to-day operations Continue consistently with standards, systems, and procedures. Follow-up and hold people accountable for results--Don't criticize people but make a fair appraisal of their qualifications with management. Make every minute on the job count. Ideas keep the business alive.Make personal connections, be creative and knowledgeable about the job. Don't try and do an employee's job for them--counsel and suggest. The hardest part about the job is every challenge with people requires a unique solution and a readiness to flexibly adapt in that moment. The most enjoyable part is teaching and training individuals something new everyday and allowing them to grow. Think objectively and keep a sense of humor. Make the business fun for you and others. Be yourself....
Great staff and lots of chances to grow within the company. Some times it can be very stressful for a new hire to start strong, but help is always provided.
I loved my job here. I worked my way form Front Desk Associate to an Operations Manager in charge of the restaurant, front desk and housekeeping. I enjoyed working with all of my coworkers.
Marriott provides a very healthy work environment. Salariy and wages were very fair. I would love to work for Marriott again. Marriott is a place where it feels good to go to work.
Pros
salary
Cons
Marriott international has been a great career for me.I believe they provide all of the proper vessels to obtain all of the knowledge you need to be a awesome customer service rep.
No life and work balance if you have children so sad because it’s a good company have very good benefits, you have to love and passion what you do to help and support the staff, managers need to support the departments to make sure the Guest is satisfy but unfortunately some of them doesn’t
Pros
Hotel discount worldwide
Cons
No life and work balance
While I enjoy what I do the staff here definitely needs to be worked on. There also needs to a change in management. I do not feel much advancement in this position.
Management is really easy going, as far as schedule. You can do a lot of what you think is better, of course consulting is good but a lot is on you to make the final choice.
I helped open this hotel and it was a great learning experience for me. 1 mile from downtown, 1 mile from Vanderbilt. So not too far, not too close
Pros
Location! Location! Location!
a good place to learn the hotel industry, especially the premium market. multi-national which give you an international perspective on the industry as well,.
Pros
free lunch
Great place, great company, strong culture. Probably best company I have ever worked for. In a college town though and doesn't have as many people that are serious and know how great it is.
I arrive speak with associates to see what has occurred that day and what i need to know for the next shift. Supervise associates and handle any issues that come up.
The management at this specific location were highly unprofessional. The front desk staff was great, always helpful and willing to learn.