Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Parking Attendant

I love the job. The people I work with are always fun and willing to help each other. The management is always making sure they can find was to improve.
If you like to travel all over the world its a great company to be with. The company has great benefits. Promotes within. Marriott has a great atmosphere to work in.
Valet is outdoors so prepare to be cold in the winters and hot in the summers. The pay isn't great and you share tips at the end of the shift. Just know how to drive a car safely and you'll do fine.
Great customers, take the information about the car such as mark, color, plate number. Park the car and keep the keys at the safe place, pull out the car when it requested by the owner. Receive payment.
This was one of my favorite jobs. I felt like my team was like family. I would recommend the Marriott, but specifically the Portland Marriott City Center. Amazing people with great culture and plenty of room for career advancement.
Great place to work. Very friendly and professional environment. The benefits are great. The management and staff are excellent as well. Everyone there is extremely helpful and kind.
it was a nice experience, i like it the people are there really friendly. it's a good environment to be around with. i enjoy the valet program it was wonderful working for them.
A real family environment that helps the employees operate at a high level. Within in the company there is room to grow as the management team prep you to become a better employee for yourself and the company.
The job was interesting every day to say the least Open 24 hours 7days a week and 365 days a year there are bound to be scheduling conflicts with someone
Amazing. I met a lot of people through this company and I love greeting people and making them feel at home. I loved that I got to drive different cars and there wasn't really anything bad about the job.
This job was a God-sent for me. Besides meeting all the wonderful people that would walk through the front doors and foreign cars driven, the workers are how the place felt like home to me.
The work was quite repetitive. Check people in, Check people out, give guest folios and other information that guest would request. learned many roles from back of the house to front of the house. Management team with property was great and always had a back up for its employees. Hardest part of the job was the wage was not sufficient for the commute i was traveling. As well as many workers called in sick.
Pros
management helped with issues.
Cons
wage, call offs, benefits
A typical work day was to park cars and to retrieve cars. I also gave directions to customers who was not from town. Work days could be long and will be on your feet for a long period of time.
Report to my supervisor at the front drive way then proceed to ask the doorman if it's any car need to be park after I have parked the car come back to the front drive way and get in line of the valet area to wait for my turn again.
Pros
Good income.
Cons
Accidents.
I definitely enjoyed working at the Marriott. I gained experience I never expected and met people who were very friendly. The pay was great and being able to drive all sorts of cars was a plus
Pros
Guest and driving a variety of cars.
Cons
N/a
Poorly managed job. I'd rather work somewhere better than this place. They don't care about anyone but themselves. If they had better pay and management then it'll be worth our working time.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad management
The Pay rate wasn't enough to live in the are comfortably productive days depended on the events that were happening that day. You must know how to drive a stick shift.
Pros
Might meet imortant peob=ple
Cons
bad pay for valet
Job descriptions don't cover actual duties and managers are extremely two faced. Black mold in ceilings in employee only areas such as the parking office and poor safety conditions.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Upper management, lack of compensation, unsafe conditions
I worked at three Marriott hotels in Latin America and was a good experience to learn about a strong chain and wonderful brand of hotels. I recommend it.
Pros
Good deals between employees vacations benefits
Cons
Cameras department it’s over the employees all the time.
The job paid reasonably well, but tips were pooled which makes no sense for a valet job. You were scheduled to come in at a certain time and had no idea when you'd be able to leave. You're lucky to have a single day off. They also extort their drivers in the event of an insurance claim. Would not reccomend.
Pros
free lunch in the cafeteria, cash every day
Cons
pooled tips, awful hours/ flexibility, making a mistake could easily cost thousands out of YOUR pocket
fun to work because the people you work didn't feel like work. the typical day at work as busy and i learned that it show me how to run my own business was like. workplace culture was here to help and make the business easier for other people. hardest part was trying to make everybody happy.
Pros
long break
Cons
more pay