Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Porter

The job has its ups&downs the upside they do have benefit package they also need you well&reasonable you can advance to greater task but it takes awhile to do so poor management on communication the rate of pay is terrible all in all you could retire from such &unless have 4 1 k package
Well set up standard, the hierarchy is awesome, employees are well paid and well taken care of. You got to meet different people all over the world. Conducive environment for working.
Marriott International has proven to be one of the top employers worldwide. In Edmonton, Alberta, I had the pleasure of working for a Delta property, which has been outstanding. Management has had many changes throughout the period I have worked at the hotel; but overall, it has been truly an amazing experience. My coworkers have been amazing and we pride ourselves in being genuine and caring when it comes to guest needs.
This workplace is good for learning the job, but you can't going for higher position. Very slowly going to higher position. And the Management is not nice.
Nice people, good benefits, perfect place for temporary job.
A typical day at work would be greeting different people everyday making sure everything is right for them. The work place culture was very good, I got to work a lot of great people and different personalities. Every work day awesome just because of who I was working with. Management was the same, they were great people. Always looked out especially knowing it was my first job and always teaching me something new.
I always look forward for the days when I have a shift, I enjoy working for the Marriott, best job I have had so far. Only problem is there is dead seasons where you get close to no hours unless you are the "top of the ladder".
Pros
Lunches provided (Taken off of pay)
Cons
Dead Seasons
Where I worked was a nice enviroment. I did good money. The job wasn't so hard. People were nice. Great place. Nice hotel. I enjoyed it. I would go back, but it's in USA and I don't have a visa anymore.
Pros
Great people. Good money. Great experience
Cons
I don't have any
One of the highlights of my life. I learn't so much from Marriott. Incredible company to work for. My hospitality and people skills really progressed due to this company. Thank you so much Marriott.
Not a bad job for a part time extra job, varied tasks, helping guests, check in/out, food & drinks preparation for room service and bar, some cleanings tasks, some admin work, general security and monitoring cctv etc Possible advancement to night auditor or manager in longer term Big company so has procedures and policies etc, better than a small company i find
Pros
free food, tips
Cons
physical work, unsocial hours
Work at Marriott its not to hard , it's funny and interesting , the personal is the best beacuse its a one big team where everybody is important for make a god job
very good hotel~it is may be the best place in london.all the stuff are well organised, all of them knows benefits of excellent customer service.all the people are proffesional and polite
Pros
free 2 lunches
Cons
short hours
Working at the Marriott was a very enjoyable experience which improved and added to my skill set. I only left the position i was previously in for my desire to travel and live in Australia. I tended to work night shifts which in the begging was a difficult adjustment but i relished the challenge of more responsibility and new tasks. A typical nights work would mainly be attending to customers needs and preparing the hotel for coming day. I learned to deal with complaints in a way which ensured the customer felt satisfied, leaving our hotel with a positive experience. This was the most enjoyable part of my role as i felt entitled to represent the Marriott brand as if it were my own and found i excel most in my communication skills. Management gave me support when I needed it but also gave me the space needed to work efficiently. They also allowed a work place culture where I was able to become close to my colleagues building fantastic friendships.
was not very typical as every day working was different customers and news often of the times and i did learn a lot of professional things and safety evenings shift was the more harder as we were receiving a lot of tourists
Pros
free
Cons
every day
Hard, repetitive, demanding physically and mentally, a lot contact with other people - great!! Great team make it a far more enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
free meals, free gym, secure
Cons
long hours, weekly rota, shift pattern
I have learnt to work under pressure, my job there was a physical work and in a busy atmosphere so I had to control my self in those times. They provide me a training in reception and as a concierge that was better that I imagine and it remind me that to be a receptionist is my dream job.
Pros
Training, flexible schedules
Cons
sometimes the employees are not good rated
It was nice. The people are kind, and it was good to work my fellow porters. Sometimes was hard to manage your time on a very busy day.
Pros
Free lunches, three break/day
when the hotels busy everyone professional as soon as its quite then we can breath an relax till the wave of business hits again, its fun an its all about team work
Pros
free lunch, getting home early if u work early shift
No team work, no appreciation, no manners, discrimination and humiliations. Only go there to work if nothing else left!!!!!!
Better than most in hospitality in Aberdeen, however has much to be desired from. Lower managment generally ok, however the higher you go the worse. Terrible pay, very little to none advancement possibilities but it's hard to get fired. One would have to try really hard.
Pros
Free horribly coocked lunches and dinners
A typical work day at the Marriott was alluring I couldn't argue with the view of Waikiki Beach right where I worked. Everyday I worked at the bar my duties included cutting garnishes, stocking the bar, prepping the back room and control inventory stock. Most of my customer service experience came from working in the hotel industry. Overall management was good, there were times when a certain situation would arise and they didn't know how to handle it correctly but overall experience was good. My Co-workers were always the highlight of my day we all got along quite well and always worked as a team to provide our guest with the best over all experience at the Marriott. The hardest part of my job was my work schedule because I was on the bottom of the seniority list I always got the hours that no one wanted so I worked nights weekends and even holidays if they needed me. The most enjoyable part of my job at the Marriott was being a bartender and meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Open Cafeteria, great co-workers and worked near the beach
Cons
Horrible traffic going to and from work