Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Prep Cook

Prep Cook42 reviews
As I'm working banquet jobs and carving station and help setting up and prep also and look to do work for the next day to help out when I'm free to do it
Pros
Cons
Two breaks
great coworkers, loved my team in all departments. felt like a family, but the pandemic showed true colors. would return if things went back to normal, but management was too irritating. procedures are more difficult than necessary. should have been given a raise with all the praise but HR,,, you know the rest.
Pros
good hours, good employees, benefits
Cons
short or no breaks, annoying management, unnecessary procedures
The Marriott hotel is a wonderful place to work management is nice and caring of It's employees benefits are on point flexibility in work hours and willing to work with It's employees
Nice and friendly place to work great team work great pay great benefits able to grow clean and fresh great management great pay close to home can transfer to many places
Keeping food fresh and prepared at all times. Work with chef on new menu items and help with innovation. Keep your station and kitchen floors and fridges clean. Know what foods you have and dont. Must have a food handlers card.
It’s well recommended very great company great experience awesome staff it depends on what Marriott you work .. everyday location is different but fair
You work hard all year only to get a $.30 raise. The manager doesn’t do any work and has the employees who get paid less do all their work. Bad employees are put on a pedestal while the hard workers are told to do their job or quit. There is no room for advancement. No room for growth. You are also expected to do work that’s not in your job description. Benefits are trash as well.
Pros
Early hours! You’re home before the day even begins!
Cons
No advancement. No structure. Poor management. Poor pay.
All the staff are very friendly and are willing to lend a helping hand and help you learn how to do the job. Everyone is doing their jobs in an effective and efficient manner.
It's a great place to work just depends if you work housekeeping or front desk or bistro they all pay different and your always meeting new people and some famous people come through too.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
I would love my continuation at Marriott International hotel. I’m currently relocating to the raleigh region and would like to remain in the same field.
I would not recommend this company, they don’t have compassion, they let people with little experience work over people with many years under their belt
If you like working long hours being disrespected then go work at the Westin Atlanta airport the management team there is the worst that I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of working with the general manager of Lies to your face so does the human resource manager you can't trust and believe anything that comes out of their mouth if you reported incident of employees misconduct and you'll put on the hot seat no respect for the hourly employees. The best thing about this got a better job with Marriott International this was Columbia Sussex management company and ownership the worst company I have ever had the pleasure of working for
I see this hotel going places. They have a relaxed work atmosphere in general. They are based more toward the business traveler clientel. I would recommend for people to stay at this hotel in the future.
Pros
Close to the East Village shopping and entertainment. Upbeat atmosphere.
Cons
We never close.
Responsible / Caring / Friendly / Assist all employee needs.,Free parking,Privelage to learn n expand knowledge of learn kitchen. Host n make u part of teamwork for Daily tasks.
Pros
Paid Break _ Vacation n Sick pay
Cons
N/a
it is an okay job but I'm looking for a career, as of current I work as a prep cook, I'm looking to do more, learn more, & be more with in a company.
Pros
alway able to get 40 or plus hours
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
I love marriott they are an awesome company that always has your back. They help and always ask if you need anything to do the best job you can. Management is good but could work on it.
I like the job. The job is very easy and the guest's are kind. Its a very clean environment. They also give great benefits and discounts to their employees
They paid me terribly for running a giant kitchen by myself for the most part. The chef likes to push of the fault onto cooks while he takes a vacation every month. i was also paid 5 dollars less an hour to do the exact same work as others.
Cons
terrible managmentf
Nice place to work meet lost of people from all around the world did catering for over three hundred people very busy place you stay on your feet you meet people from all around the world I'm a strong believer in god
great job great mgt. very understanding of their workersneeds and availibility. very demanding job but very worth it. it was the best job i ever had and if they would me go back i would.
There is always something to do, and as long as you are focused and willing to work there will be no issues. A lot of the work is a bit repetitive but that means that the focus is perfection and replication.
Pros
Free lunches, over time opportunities
Cons
A bit impersonal working for a company that large.