Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Recreation Manager

I loved my job at Marriott Harbor beach resort, but because of Covid 19my job was eliminated. I was a supervisor for the pool/beach area for 13 years. I feel Marriott Intl. could of done more to help out seasoned employees. We have stood strong with Marriott through out our careers, with Openings/Closings remodeling and everything else they threw at us.I was proud to be a Marriott associate .
Pros
working as a team together
Cons
some management expiration's
Overall Marriott is a great company to work for. They provide good benefits and do care for their employees well being. Work/Life balance can be difficult depending on the department you are in. Alot of holiday and weekend work makes it tough sometimes.
Daily tour early morning checking all the facilities, the employees are the core of this company, they do care a lot about them, we had great management team and great GM
Pros
all other benefit such transportation, meals and staff activities
Cons
distance from home
Marriott Company is a great company to work for. They offer discounts and other benefits to their employees. The working environment is relaxed. Management is willing to work with you based on your availability and needs,
Multiple levels of management with an undefined leadership structure. The employees are mostly pleasant and courteous.
Wonderful team and beautiful property. Was a unique learning experience. They are willing to cross train and are very good at keeping their team trained and informed on their standards.
Pros
Free meals, 5 free nights at any St Regis
Cons
If you have allergies this may be a problem as the property is in the heart of the rain forest
The training is impeccable they truly take pride in preparing their team for success.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking, great health benefits, beautiful 5 star property, great brand training
Cons
Some of the managers are not qualified and do not lead by example
I enjoy working here. The people are very nice. You work outside a lot. The have a kid club there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks