Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

The hours are all regular, the same shift everyday. And if you finish early, you are encouraged to help others who are not done their rooms. This helps everyone to work like a team. Workplace culture was really good.
Pros
Schedule is pretty regular, tips sometimes
Opportunity for growth. Appreciation days. Good benefits & perks. Friendly people. I was a Room Attendant, a Public Area Cleaner, a Team Leader, & a Laundry Attendant. Each role was hard work but very rewarding.
Pros
Free lunch, holiday parties, bonus opportunities, tips
Cons
Physically & mentally challenging at times
I loved the job, being able to work on my own. made some friends. it was an exciting happening place to work! Wvu town . management was good and always fair, on point. Fun activities for the employees as appreciation. Upbeat. I wish I could have stayed!
Pros
Discounted lunches exciting atmosphere
Cons
I was extremely great at my job. I perform deep cleaning and have great guest service skills committed to my job and determined to finish it in a timely fashion I was able to train as well as being a housekeeping supervisor I just choose not to because of the the hours doesn't coincide with my children's time.
They take advantage of you . Make you work like crazy when they're busy but once they don't need you they just dropped you like a bag of dirty laundry. Management office really need workers who knows what they're doing. Waist of time working there.
For me, i was comfortable and i enjoying my job. Some of my co wrker are good and some are sensitive but its ok. For food not bad. It qas perfect for me.
Marriott recognizes the importance of employee happiness. Their belief is "Happy employees leads to happy customers." The management team is very supportive as well.
If u fit in to their niche you'll do fine. Clean place to work. Fairly close to home. The traffic was heavy but with the current virus, its much lighter
Pros
New what was expected. Safe environment
Cons
Favortism. unpredictable hours
we work as a team, respect each other and we are like big family i learn a lot especially team work, communication and how to handle guest needs and complains..
The employees will stab you in the back and the management cares about nothing but their end of the year bonuses. Was promised a raise in 60 days after 90 told I was eligible for 1 for a year atleast. And I was hired in less than a 1 an hr what they start you out.
The Marriott was an experience! I enjoyed working there. All the staff was great. Could have got paid more. Loved the environment and the assistant managers
They tell you one thing then when your hired all other things come into affect and the things you were told goes out the door. They go off seniority and if your not one of the old workers you don’t get took serious or they don’t care to help the have their pickd and it’s sad horrible place to work
Pros
Free Meal, Ways to make extra money
Cons
Management, problems with pay and favoritism throughout the job
I love being a room attendant It's not much you have to do to complete your tasks on a daily basis.i love to help people and give advice. Takecare of supplies and co-worker s I love to smile and say good morning too customers
Yes the management is okay, i have learnt alot from my previous manager Always busy, even on important events. The hardest job is not actually because your on your feet alot
You just have to take care of your work. No one interferes unnecessarily while working. Also,staff is also very supportive. Good for those who loves to work in a high paced environment and will never feel bored.
I love talking and keeping a smile on people’s faces. I feel like I can communicate with anyone that I work around. I’ll go out my way to help anyone in need of help.
Housekepping Duties and responsibilities Knock the door 3 times/5 second interval Open the curtain and window Collect tha garbage Stripping and bedding
Marriott management brilliant. Outside hire management needs a bit of updating. Cleaning times need to be calculated. King room 1 bed 30min can do but double need to an extra 5 to 10 minutes.
Good to work with team Time magment good Good opportunity to work Pre opening hotel I worked Good coderation with high level Training sessions to help me work easy
Assalamu'alaikum Bapak/Ibu yang terhormat. Saya Ely Astati Umur saya 23tahun Pendidikan terakhir saya Strata satu (1) dibidang manajemen perusahaan Saya sangat tertarik ingin berkontribusi di JW Marriot. Dengan sangat senang hati saya bisa diterima untuk bekerja di perusahaaìn yg
Warm and friendly place , I have a lot of fun in this hotel. Managers are friendly flexible. And everybody respect each other. There is no problems between employees, the atmosphere is so funny and respectful.
Pros
Flexible and well listener management.