Marriott International, Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Room Service Server

Room Service Server108 reviews
Good work to life balance and nice coworkers as well. Management knows what they are doing as well which helps in busy days. Everyone is respectful to each other.
Wonderful company they take good care of their employees. Hotel discounts are a great perk to have when traveling on your own time. There are so many Marriott you can always find a place to stay for cheap
Room service is dubbed as in room dining or ird for short.
While in the position I was trained in

Food handling

Loss prevention

Guest services

And bank management
It went well had lots of fun learnd Allot of things met allot of smart people learned allot of you have a chance work there pay is well but don’t trust your co workers they will stab you in the back
Es una empresa que da capacitación a sus asociados como trabajar en un ambiente sano y respetar a todos los asociados porque hay asociados de diferentes partes del mundo y diferentes culturas se trabaja cómo familia
Working at the Marriott has been a great experience. I love my coworkers and I feel like a part of the family. The only pitfall is that there is a 20% service charge that I do not receive, and you don't get to take your tips home at the end of each shift. On the other hand if you work your way up to full time the company offers benefits, and you get a 50% discount on rooms.
A typical day at work was a breeze, most of my shifts were 6-7 hours. I learned how to effectively serve and deliver meals to the guests' rooms. Management was awesome, as they set all of us for success each and every day. The workplace culture was the most fun I've had, especially during special events. The hardest part about the job would have been the busy dinner nights when orders just wouldn't stop coming in. Rewarding, though, don't get me wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job was the respect throughout every department and the weekly paychecks.
Job wasn't hard at all, it was fun with the employees that we had just management & pay. I worked there my senior year of high school, it was great then lots of pay
Great company to work for. Orientation was 3 days, All co-workers were friendly and seasoned. Felt like a second family. Long shifts 12 hours was the only con for myself.
The company I work individual experience while I was working there is know what need to be done and everybody's is happy great day. Details about why I liked or disliked my job is liked it because what I been doing skills level of cleaning rooms daily and for the dislike is no team player at the company.
Pros
Pro is a Latin root word meaning for. If you make a list of pros and cons, you are listing the reasons for doing something and the reasons not to, respectively. Pro is also the shortened form of the word "professional, " often referring to professional sports
Cons
They sat for hours debating the pros and cons of setting up their own firm.
It was a wonderful experience. Great guest and employees. Well organised and balanced. I wasn’t able to stay as long as I like because I lost my vehicle. I enjoyed that type of work environment and I would love to return to one.
This a franchisee of Marriott they are so over the inept management they are threatening to pull their name off the side of the hotel. Which would be my recommendation. Underfunded benefits.bare bones insurance coverage and no HR person. 😢
Great place to work; exciting place to be which is located downtown. celebrities come in from time to time. great area for shopping near Michigan ave.
Room service is a fun job .Deliver the food is the east part and interact with guest.But the problem is that the managers are being there for way to long .Also the people that is being working for the company for long time are a bad example.If you are a server you are nothing that working horse and there is no future for you to advanced on the company.The kitchen make the food for Room Service the restaurant and also the Pizza delivery that is a joke and make no sense .because is the same pizza that RS deliver but cheaper.They cannot keep a good staff in the Kitchen because the pay is bad and they are under staff all the time and they don't really care about the guest that pay there salaries.But the real heros of the Room Service department are the servers that every day with a smile and keep going 24 7.
Pros
Pto time. Off
It is a pretty chill job and the guest are so interesting and diverse.The workplace is not that diverse and the hardest part is the management that has been there a long time they are stuck in their own management ways.
Management keeps on changing, no job stability, no proper training, they do not even provide induction, and even after the bad training you try your best they just blame everything on you even if it is not your fault. if their was below 1 star I will give it to them.
Pros
Cons
everything
It’s an easy job. Repetitive work but easy. Mostly sitting, answering phones. I make decent money too. Just do your job and go home. It’s not that hard.
I worked part time for the banquets department then floted around where i could for hours to almost have fulltime hours. i helped guests of the hotel in room Service filling orders they'd call in ontop of restock minibar. I brewed and set up the pastires along with other items and handled the fast pace enviroment during banquet events was in charge of 3 tables of ten people placing preplaced meals and constantly cleaning up and checking in with the guests
enjoyed working there. Would still be working there if we have not relocated

We Were kept busy. The working culture was good. Loved working and meeting new clients

The management team was good and listened to what we had to way for improvements for our working conditions

Marriott is a good Company to work for. The discounts are enjoyable for vacation travel.
Pros
discounts for travel and food
Cons
too far to drive now to work
My typical started four in the evening till closing at 12am. My responsibilities included keeping my office are well stocked for meal delivery keeping the kitchen area clean and safe ensuring timely food delivery. Was a very fun place to work with good benefits.
only 20% discount for employees room rate& food, when westin gives 50% discount in rooms& food, no more personal classes every class is on line no personal touch, all their managers are under salary that’s why they don’t do anything.