Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Great place to work, lots of opportunities for improvement and advancement if you are willing to put in the work. Large company with many departments for relocation.
Typical day involves dealing with customers needing assistance with booking reservations, modifying current reservations, providing answers, dealing with complaints. Management is very supportive, respond to requests for additional training, resolving schedule conflicts, providing guidance for improvement. Technology issues can be very frustrating. Satisfaction and bonuses for doing the best to help customers is very rewarding.
Pros
Working from home, no travel expenses.
Cons
Social isolation.
great place, inclusive, all around great place to work, managers treat associates very fairly, coworkers are easy to get along with, positive atmosphere, would recommend
If you work hard and show you are worth the time they will go to bat for you if needed. Open communication with supervisors and coaches helps them help you with your goals.
Variety of positions! Positive environment, family friendly, eco aware, moving toward sustainability, great healthcare, flexible hours, close knit, inclusive, mostly supportive (fragrance free policies are often directly broken by hr management in call centers but at home positions are available), repeatedly takes advantage of associate ignorance to avoid liability (suggestion that pt is best not taken from marriott, guilt of incident reporting, refusal to acknowledge injury, document injury, intentional misdocumentation, etc.)
A typical day at work would be like any other job. Preparing for the shift getting things prepared before guests arrive. Then finally setting up for the day to make sure guests have a great time.
Great work environment, great pay, fun place to work. Inbound, outbound calls to customers and friends sell vacation packages. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer happy every day was not a happy day problem solving and distressed customer
Company started out great was bought out by another company and everything went downhill. Has some great employee benefits most of the management teams were great.
Customer Service is #1 Goal. Guests always come first. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different people you meet from all different parts of the world. The hardest part of the job is the management. Not consistent on a daily basis. You never know if you are working until the day before, due to she can not make a work schedule in advance. Prefers applicants under age of 30, not over.
Good environment, friendly staff ,discipline ,cleanliness and many others benefits such a very gud experienced. I want to still work there but our company was closed from Marriott .it's a very graceful n good opportunity to work in a big organization bcoz u learn more and more from this type of company
I would still be working for them if they did not close the call center in Lancaster. I loved helping people plan their vacations and getaways. I miss my co-workers we were like a family. Great benefits and incentives.
i work as sales and service associate and i really enjoy working in this work place as each day I have something new to experience in here. Each and everyday is a new learning for me.
At first the company was a good place to work for and didn't have any issues up until my 5 month of employment. Pay checks have been short and payroll claims their fixing the errors. Employees shouldn't stress over not being paid and monitoring hours every day because of system errors. Being told this has happened numerous of times you would think they would find a way to correct the issue so that you wouldn't have this issue again. Better benefits especially for pregnant women and pay employees for holiday pay. Management seems to have it easy and just relax and not worry about anything. Communication can be improved big time especially when you are contacting payroll about your paycheck. You shouldn't be punished because other agents aren't meeting goal to work from home or any other role.
The only good thing about this job is the pay and room discounts. The actual job is very stressful they want u to meet unrealistic goals to advance. They promise advancement but it doesnt happen..i worked at the company for 3 years got promised a promotion and never got training for it. Management is bad they pick favorites.My manager harassed me everyday and HR did nothing about it
You won’t make a lot of money. But the people are nice and the benefits are great. Especially the health insurance. If you want decent money then be a manager or chef or something like that. This is a service driven job so most make money off tips. It’s just okay.
I've worked within the Marriott Brand of Resorts for the better part of 20 years. I found the experience in all of my positions rewarding, and exciting at times.
Overall job is wonderful. But if you don't have your life worked out outside the job it will not work out. You must line your ducks up. They do allow up to 80 hours of unplanned time.
this place is full of amazing people you have to be ready to pretty much just sit there but the only issue i has is their systems didnt pick up that i was clocked in and working
I enjoyed working for starwood because they were respectful to associates in the beginning, but once they decided to sell the company, thing started to go downhill. People were numbers - easily replaced. As Marriott became more involved in the takeover, things got worse for long term Starwood employees. bonuses became harder to achieve - resulting in a $3 per hour pay cut. First they took our "regular clients" away from us, which also resulted in some very unhappy members.Then overtime was cut, and schedules were changed for long term employees to work undesirable shifts, and new people were hired for the desirable shifts. People felt that we were unwanted, and being pushed out.
I started out as a temp in 2018 but since being full time 2018-2019 it is really mentally exhausting working there with the back to back calls from the moment you log in to the time you end, you are also not allowed to hang up on a customer that calls 3 minutes before the end and keeps you there for another half hour, you also don’t get paid much extra for that time you stay because it’s not in your schedule as over time. You should apply if you love talking to people, phones don’t make you anxious, are able to handle inappropriate callers and your mental health is good, though that’s what I thought and I had to take a stress leave. No one last the 3 month probation period after hiring because of how the calls are, the people working beside you are great and really nice.
Pros
Benefits and deals
Cons
Mental exhaustion
Excellent job to build customer service experience. Good discounts and employee incentive program. However the incentive can be gone in the blink of an eye. So don’t count on it. 1. Employees pay into the benefits/dental care - not completely horrible, but if you want a good plan - be prepared to pay! 2. They accommodate medical needs bordering on what’s deemed legal (so it’s okay!) - employee loses out completely and is excluded. (Being ill-educated is apparent in HR). If employee needs adjustments to their schedule - may as well quit and start over again. 3. Management is whiney, and fake - all positive affirmations and zero follow-through. You must chase people down to get anything accomplished - even still, good luck trying. 4. Company claims to value their employees - its a blatant lie. 5. They do not put people first - they put their customers first - at the expense of their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, holiday snacks/treats, property discounts
Cons
Inflexible, no work/family support, low pay, unreasonable scheduling