Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

Marriott Hotel is a best Place where we can Learn and improve our skills. Marriott Hotel give us many Platform that will help us to grow in our career.
It is altogether a new experience with an aim of learning new things every day . The working environment is very conducive and friendly . Its a professional outfit with the best work place culture . The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get the rewards for your hard work and professionalism .
I had a very good experience at the Marriott Until we got a new director over the security Department. she is a real mean.. hey And made everyone feel uncomfortable.
The Operation Manager play favorite with his employees at the location I work he didn’t treat u fair across the broad u where good as long as ur a female
Is all the different people I get to meet and interact with from all over the world one of my favorite guest is from marocco, and we have regulars that I have become really close with
Working at Marriott for the last 8 years has proven that not only is this a fantastic way to learn how to better treat your guests, but it has proved that the company is serious about how they treat their associates. They work hard to provide a great experience from orientation to ones final professional journey. The embrace the culture of treating the associate well, so that the associate treats the guest better. They are family, and strive daily to help in your growth and professional wisdom. You could not pick a better place to work.
Interesting work environment, the mix of security and hospitality is a very hard mix. The lack of job advancement is a the biggest disappointment within the hotel. The lack of team work is also a very big issue with in this industry!
Marriott has always been a lead innovator in Hospitality. The company really cares about its employees and the culture of the property. You wont be disappointed working for a company that invest a lot of money in the welfare of the building and brand
N/A as of yet because I have only just begun, but started out making less than what I started in the same position in another city. Looking for my next opportunity.
You meet new people have fun and just an exciting place to work. You are indoors where it cool in the summer and dress professionally.warm in the winter. Great people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch. Uniforms and laundry service.
Cons
Always busy not enough break time.
They are a good Company to work for because the have a great culture,room for advancement, good healthcare. talented, driven, dedicated, innovative and ambitious.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
My position is bouncer in Mix Bar, in my team I have 5 people who helping me to resolve the problem in bar. Hardest part of job is night shift but also is very interesting because meet new people.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
work without day off
Overall the company is very good. The problem with good work environment is that the management stays preventing moving into a higher position difficult. Sometimes you can move to a different department but then its not you experienced department to carry over your knowledge.
Pros
Free meals, discount hotel stays
Cons
Hospitality is 24/7 so you work some holidays
A time share property that is very focus on the owners and guest. While this can be a challenging environment, majority of the owners and guest are great. A good place to learn about the hospitality industry. All the departments work together well to build a great experience for the owners and guest. The company needs to improve pay and benefits to help with employee retention.
fun work place supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a large company.
This company is all about keeping their reputation while throwing their employees into the wolves. They portray this family atmosphere and fair atmosphere but do no make decisions based on the same. They allow their corporate counter-parts to make decisions for them who does not have a working relationship with the staff members.
The beginning if the day i would report to my office to read the daily reports. If nothing was urgent i would walk every floor of the hotel checking safety devices, and ensuring doors are locked. I would then meet with my DOS for any briefings that was needed, then pass that information on to co-workers. At this point i would check all training records to ensure everyone is up to date on their training
Pros
room for growth
Cons
they changed management, new management was ineffective
I start my day by greeting my co-workers, check emails and handle any guest issue that is hot on the table. I look for safety issues as i make rounds throughout the Hotel. I learn something new every day. The most important thing that I realize at my job is that everyone wants to be treated fairly. The hardest part of this job is that I cannot not make all guest smile. The most enjoyable part is seeing a sincerly satified Guest.
Pros
The Marriott Associate discount
Cons
exspensive healthcare, low hourly rates of pay
Spent a few years here running a small Security department great work environment. Excellent staff and management company was really customer oriented. Trained staff very well and had a great reputation.
Pros
Developed a very professional Security Staff.
Cons
• Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets. • Answer house calls, assist guests and employees’ safety and security in hotel operations. • Initiate and follow-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons. • Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports. • Check all alarm systems, safety and fire equipment systems and closely monitor security of building doors, service areas and delivery areas. • Oversee safety/security officers on specified shifts, ensuring proper attire (designated hotel uniform), reporting to duty on time and proper coverage of hotel and grounds
Working as an Officer really prepared me for Supervision. I learn all the does and don'ts. I credit my success as a Supervisor to my work as an Officer.