Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Senior Program Manager

I've learned that the best and worse are the people who work there. There's very talented people there who will do everything possible to help you succeed and at the same time are the same people who gets bombarded with political schemers who are less talented and are very insecure (rightfully so) about their high level positions. Sometimes it makes for a caustic environment. Take those individuals out of the meeting rooms and everything is professional and focused on resolving issues be best way they can.
Marriott at one time was considered a great place to work. Now it is focus on results and shareholder value above all else. I do not think as an employee you have insight into company performance and overall company goals.
Pros
Travel benefit
Cons
Management was 50%/50% in terms of talent. Treatment of consultants good for the most part. The acquisition by Marriott has led to many original Starwood employees accepting packages. Rather Bleak outlook at present by those who remain currently.
Pros
Fair wage
Cons
Poor promotion / recognition of hard working employees