Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Senior Sales Manager

Marriott International hotels are great hotels to work with. Marriott offers training opportunities and much growth for advancement if associates want it.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement
Loved my job with Marriott in sales, but was furloughed. Excellent environment and work life balance. Great team. They do have a lot of processes and tracking, which is the only annoying thing. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Worklofe balance
I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Marriott, however Covid-19 has different plans for my future. The overall culture prior to the pandemic was positive and enjoyable.
I’ve been with Marriott for a long time. Very conservative company, a lot of opportunity if you have patience! Great for those who like to play by the rules...
I worked here for 8 years and I was able to hold a variety of different positions. I advanced throughout the F&B department, which then allowed me to move to events. With the knowledge I gained, I became a sales manager because I knew the property so well.
Marriott provides a large database and training's to grow and develop as an employee while supporting individual success. Strong leadership and support in place.
We had a great team during my term. There is balance with fun and work and respect each other. Love the free meal offer and great selection of salad bar and sandwiches in our cafeteria. Marriott really takes care of the employees.
Typically Mon-Fri.. 50 Hours per week. Can be longer. Learned so much about hotel operations, sales, company culture. Can be difficult with the myriad of changes that have occurred these past years. Additional hotels, etc. My hotel is a franchise property which has different expectations. Can be difficult meeting franchise company goals along with Marriott's at the same time. Love the people I have met, teamwork, culture and travel opportunities.
Pros
Travel Discounts, Mon-Fri Work Schedule
Cons
Franchise Company Expectations and Communications can be challenging.
There is a reason why they are the largest and most known brand. They are just great at what they do and put people first. Each day is a challenge and an opportunity to learn. Great values and family culture.
day includes client's meeting including the business development for the entire Marriott portfolio. internal training and development programs available for the staff on a regular basis. management is rewarding and acknowledging the staff of their contribution. hardest part is that due to personal restrictions at times one is not able to deliver the way he wants to deliver. as there is so much to do and learn. the most enjoyable part of the job is that everyday you have a new task to do and it never gets monotonous for one. new client's meet,new challenges, a lot of travelling knowing lot of new hotels under one umbrella. Staff recognition, brand boding with its employee. there is so much to mention about Marriott. Its the best brand to work for.
Pros
family and friends discounts, healthcare benefits, maternity benefits and flexibility, bonus and perquisites
Cons
as mentioned so much to get always get tough with less time and limitation with personal laibilities
I was transferred to open the Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach from having just opened the Ritz- Carlton, Philadelphia. The site was a hole in the ground when I started! We each had a territory and were responsible for 400-600 accounts.. Also a monthly quota had to be met. I was the "highest producer" out of 8 sales people. Hardest part- Selling the room rate Enjoyable-Since it was a new property, everyone loved coming there.
Pros
Travelling to other Ritz-Carlton
Cons
Helping an angry guest
Every place I have worked within Marriott International has been a hardworking, fun loving team that feels like family. Long hours, not always a work life balance, but we enjoyed working together for the common goal.
Pros
Great people
Cons
24 hour facilities, always open - could have long hours and sometimes several days before a day off
If you want to work for a great company with perks galore, work for Marriott. But plan to work hard and know that guest satisfaction is #1 for your success.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
You're never far from family as co-workers and leaders become the extended members! The culture is great and constantly looks to evolve to keep up to date. Watch out world!
Pros
Recognition, teamwork, many resources
Cons
Not enough time in the day
One of the best places in America to work. Great benefits, coworkers, and management which rewards hard work and advances individuals based on merit and performance.
Legacy Starwood was a company which allowed innovation and gave me the opportunities I desired. It allowed me to learn and handle Revenue Management while also using my Digital strengths. A typical day at work involved handling customers, sharing new ideas and opportunities with the team, sitting together with teammates for a meal, watching the scoreboard of groups and driving a healthy competition amongst peers. Learnt a lot in the current role, right from People Management, to skill set and having a global outlook rather than just focusing on customers. Assisted customers in valuing the business they do across the globe with our hotels while also ensuring high revenue traction from them at all times. Shall and always remain #starwoodproud The company made me enjoy every bit of it, challenges are there everywhere, but it is the manner in which we were allowed to deal with them, that makes this company one of the best.
Pros
Learning, Innovating, Challenging
Cons
Growth, Being Acquired
A great company to work for with great training systems and with a lot of opportunities all over the world. A nice balance between work and personal life
Enjoyed working for the Marriott corp. would have continued but my mother developed colo-rectal cancer and I had to leave to care for her out of state.
Pros
Fun - a variety of clients and assignments
Cons
On call 24-7 for events & funtions
Pre-Opening Sales Team to sell hotel in the Northeast Market
Pros
Pre-Opening Sales Experience
Cons
Limited Meeting Space
Professional company, providing excellemt resources, along with support and recognition, as well as very good benefits.
Pros
excellent support, learning opportunities, great reputation
Cons
none for me