Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Server

Loved it! Management is weird but it’s like a family. People train you well while there, and all the customers are nice and tip really well, which is a plus!
Marriott international is a great company to work for. It has great benefits, great Leaders of course as any other jobs it has it’s ups and down but it’s dual.
Pros
Free meals
I learned new things about my job every day, got to interact with amazing new customers and staff. I loved the fact I got the opportunity to proceed further in my career here.
Great place to work great management lots of benefits and great hours! Good travel discounts and benefits for future success. A company you can retire with
Working for Marriot is great, specifically The Worthington Renaissance for Toro Toro though, was a test of patience and willingness to put up with some bad ideas from management and the Owner group. A bit train wreck-ish right now. Good money though.
Pros
Money, location, benefits
Cons
Poor higher up management, constant changes, poor communication
I had the pleasure of working five years for this company. I can't even begin to express how much I loved my job. This is a great company with great employees overall. The hardest part of my job was not being able to spend that much time with my family. The most enjoyable would be getting to know all of the people I met on a daily basis.
Being a server there was fun for the experience it gave me. Loved most of the people I worked with and the guests were mostly nice and enjoyable to serve. Con being they did not care at all that I was just a part time employee while in college and would constantly schedule me over 30 hours a week, when part time should be around 25 hours.
Probably the worst place I have ever worked. To start the person who hired me was terminated before I even started. I was forgotten about HR gave me no answers I waited 6 weeks between the time of my interview and the first day I started. I then found out the manager that hired me was fired after being set up by coworkers who would then brag about getting her fired. A new restuarant manager started prior to covid. He tried starting drama between myself and another co worker and then during the start of the pandemic was told I was not in a group text for information and he blew me off. He allowed a server to spread misinformation about what the company would provide for its employees. Marriot did NOTHING. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Management, environment, coworkers, Hr, Literally everything.
I loved working at the Marriott, it was fun, I made lovely friends and excelled at a job I really enjoyed. Flexible hours still let me enjoy a social life
Pros
Tips, free food
Cons
Late nights occasionally
Given the option to learn other positions, but difficult to get out of the position you're in. Company says they will help develop/train you in other departments, but rarely follow through. Very few managers/associates will give training in other positions and want to see you succeed. HR ignores your concerns until they hear from headquarters, but even then the issue is unacknowledged or resolved.
Pros
Cross train
Cons
Work though break, limited supplies
Very best place for job in Pakistan hotel industry rules and regulations are better all over Pakistan hotel...# staff or seniors are very friendly and helpful for me
Pros
Best
Cons
No way
I've worked for Hyatt, Hilton and Westin before joining Marriott, however it was a franchise owned and operated hotel at the time so I can't really say how they're hiring process is for corporate. I'm happy with Marriott they have their strengths and weaknesses like every chain that I've worked with. They have kept me happy for 5 years and counting.
Pros
Job growth opportunities, Insurance, room rates, special deep discount winter room rates
Cons
Cafeteria food consistency, no free parking, insurance copay
The workplace culture is amazing and I enjoy to work there, the people are very friendly and that place inspires me peace of mind and security.!!!!!!!
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short hours
Wonderful work environment. Fast paced. Managers are very helpful. Lots of money to be made and very flexible with scheduling. They provide you with everything you need to do your job.
Working in Marriott was awesome, I learnt a lot from Marriott we work uniformly friendly and teamwork conquer it all, the hardest part was when we are busy but with with on mind and teamwork we find it so easy to do all task.
I learnt a lot about team work and costumer service while working here. Staff are always friendly and helpful as well as the guests. There is a lot of trust and communication between the team and management which makes working there more enjoyable.
En mis inicios comencé con gran entusiasmo ya que me encantaba el trabajo y junto a ello tenía la posibilidad de crecer dentro del hotel. Fui además laureado por mi supervisor directo y por aquel que le antecedía. Era según ellos alguien que aprendía rápido, con un muy buen nivel de inglés y por supuesto que cubría turnos que nadie mas hacía. Con el tiempo comencé a escuchar rumores sobre todo y todos, desde los mas altos cargos hasta los menores. La vida personal tomaba vuelo por sobre lo profesional. A mi tercer mes de contrato, me citan a reunión y se me comunica que no seguiré en el hotel, por supuesto mi sorpresa porque quien me despedía era aquel de quien recibí loas. Mi supervisor de ese entonces me dice "eres un gran trabajador, yo no quería que esto pasara, lo siento siempre tendrás las puertas abiertas si quieres postular a otro hotel de la cadena. Cuenta con ello". Hasta hoy nunca supe el motivo, me sentí pasado a llevar, sentí que me faltaron el respeto al no darme una respuesta después de lo que le entregué al hotel porque a mi me encantaba mi trabajo pero esto arruinó mi percepción de Marriott. Es por ello que no recomendaría este lugar para trabajar. pd: El "estrés" señalado en las alternativas anteriores, no es por el exceso de trabajo, es más bien por las malas relaciones interpersonales creadas en el hotel disimuladas en su eslogan de "La Sonrisa es parte del Uniforme".
Marriott is an excellent company to work for. They really appreciate each and everyone of their employees. I loved serving different people everyday, it really helped the job stay interesting.
I really loved the people whom I worked with as well as meeting all the guests and getting to know them. Great service orientated culture. And, you are able to do your job independently unless you ask for assistance.
my coworkers are family. We work together. I love getting repeat customers where you see them and already starting there quad expresso saying hey JR
Pros
flexible, advancement, close to home
Cons
occasional rude guest smile and try n make it right
ive learned to be a great worker [personalable and respectful towards my guest and coworkers. Marriott loves there employees and there guests ive been with this company for 5 years in Aug it will be 5 years i love it.