Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

Sous Chef148 reviews
work as a sous chef for the Marriott and it was fun and super fast paced. we would do a lot of big parties for different companies, as well as weddings. left only because I needed more work life balance.
Working for the Marriot was a well needed and accepted change from my previous location. The leadership at my location was phenomenal and friendly. The Chefs knew their trade and craft and were able to concisely express what and how they wanted their products and needs met. The overall atmosphere was welcoming and warm and the entire company as a whole treated you like a family and looked out for you and your best needs.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff and coworkers, skilled leadership
long hours lots of work, you do get a lot of support from management and other department supervisors. lots of busy outlets and room service, banquet department
Pros
goog crew
Cons
hard work
Worked for this company for 10 years off and on. They take care of their employees. Endless opportunity to grow your career. This Pandemic has unfortunately taken a toll on this industry.
The application process was a bit lengthy, but once in i have been able to grow tremendously in my current position. I have a great executive chef and General Manager who have supported my training and growth as a manager. I've received many opportunities working here.
I have not worked for Marriott for nearly 18 years, but recall fondly of my time there. I would always consider working for Marriott in the future. Just wish there is one closer to me.
Great benefits, room for growth. Fast paced, you will learn a lot of new skills while on the job. Lots of promoting from within the team. Management is always willing to help.
Busy work day from beginning to the end. A lot of work to be done depending on the type of day as well as business. A lot of different outlets to manage and be in control of. Lack of staff, and help from management. A lot of unwanted stress for a work day. Good Luck.
The Marriott are professional and good people. They help you to understand how the do thing's also the benefits are good and good discounts on the rooms
Marriott culture it’s good to grow but I can’t see my future in this hotel so , I need to relocate and enjoy my job and clear my goal . So if I get good opportunity in same position I should move and I enjoy my job .
it was a franchise.
I was not convinced by this company, but I would not blame the Marriott group.

The schedules are correct, but the level of passion for the job within the company leaves something to be desired. I recommend it for anyone who doesn't necessarily like his job but wants a life on the side.
Human resources was extremely difficult to work with. General Manager would not allow me to hire employees even though we were short staffed but had room in the budget to two more people. Overall a horrible work experience!
Pros
benefits package
Cons
upper management
Working at marriott was great experience very fast pace, and luxury elegant at the same time, also allow me to create special everyday and lead our team daily.
The work environment was excellent. There was a lot of job enrichment and opportunities for growth. My time at Marriott was valuable, it helped me to learn a lot.
*Responsible in operational & executive of “specially-hosted”for VVIP such as Head of State & Celebrities.
*Assist the Executive Chef to in-charge of all aspects of Chinese Cuisine within the hotel F&B outlets, BEO meetings & Banquet facilities.

*Responsible fully for the planning & execution of all Chinese Banquet events such as weddings, meetings & social gatherings.

*Responsible for food costing ,duty rooster & leave administration.

*Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene & observe all guidelines pertaining to NEA & HACCP standard.

*To do training with ideas of the cooks in Chinese cuisine & organizing of Chinese food promotions.

*Regulates temperature of combi ovens, cooking wok, Chinese barbecue roasting oven, grills, steams & other cooking equipments.

*High motivation, ability to lead a team & quality fast pace environment.
Awesome team, very good place to work! Executive committee was amazing to work with. Very open to suggestions and wasn’t micro-managed. Enjoyed meeting with new guests daily, as well as learning to keep bees.
Pros
75% discount off menu for food. Great benefits
Working with starwood and now Marriott for 10 years
Enjoying my job and dedication to the company

Building my career with Marriott international

Love working with people that dedicate with there job

Gonna see lots of different people and ask them bout there passion
Pros
Free knowledge
Cons
Build carear
It was a great place to work when it came to the people. However, the management was pretty closed minded when it came to the food operations side. I left because they were not giving us the tools to do our job efficiently.
It really depends on the hotel. I have worked for a couple Marriott hotels where the management was stellar, and worked at others with some of the worst managers that I have ever heard of. They pay pretty well and the benefits are good. Career advancement is up to you. There are almost 7000 hotels worldwide, so if you want to move and grow, the options are there
Pros
Benefits, career advancement
Cons
Lots of managers are terrible at their jobs
Marriott is a big company, with many sub section parts I was working for one of the sub section parts that probably did not receive the full Marriott experience
i worked at the amazing st. regis hotel in aspen co. i had a great team and work with everyone in the hotel. it was a fantastic time and would love to recommend anyone.