Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Management reviews

The management company I worked for was amazing. They were very supportive and willing to work with employees and Guest as needed. They offered a good benefit package as well.
Pros
Hotel discounts for vacations
Cons
On call 24/7
Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.
Buen ambiente laboral multicultural. Buenas instalaciones con sala de descansos y cantina. A mejorar la comunicación interna.
Tras muchos anios y muchos puestos recorridos, tuve la oportunidad de aprender muchísimo del negocio y la gente. Si no hubiese regresado a mi país seguiría mi carrera allí.
Great Company for people who love to work in challenging environment. High quality service with extremely busy time management. Perfect pleace for people who are able to resolve problems creatively.
The job was exhausting, couldn't walk the next morning (and i am used to physical work). Supervisors doesn't care about anything, unless they need something. Same story with the management, 2 out of 5 people was nice. While working there, it was the lowest point of my life, felt like a slave every day. Always need to follow and write down my hours, always had problems at the end of the month. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, unless you need a job straight away. They would hire anyone, because no one wants to work for them. Lunch 9 out of 10 times was horrible, everything tastes like it was made a week ago. If you are reading this, please don't apply there. I know you can find a better job.
The workplace environment was very controlled and quite boring either due to high volume of stressful work or complete lack of tasks with no inbetween
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else about the job sucks
Poor salary, poor management, but nice colleagues, very supportive. The HR team is not that helpful. Though, it was still a good time working there. Too many calls
Pros
Hotels discount/job location
Cons
poor management
Um dia comum de trabalho consistia em estar em contacto com clientes por telefone e por email, apartir do meu proprio posto de trabalho nas instalações da empresa. A maior aprendizagem que obtive desta experiência profissional foi a aptidão em comunicar com qualquer tipo de cliente, de diversas nacionalidades, e a facilidade em expressar-me devidamente de acordo com as minhas funções.
Ayant travaillé 5 ans pour Starwood Hotels and Resorts j'ai évolué à de nombreux postes à décisions. J'ai eu des opportunités exceptionnelles de faire progresser ma carrière et mes compétences. J'espère que la philosophie restera la même sous Marriott.
Pros
Développement personnel et professionnel.
Cons
On ne sait ce qu'on quitte qu'après l'avoir fait.
The culture and people at Starwood are wonderful - they play as a team and do the right thing for customers. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. Mistakes are genuinely considered as learning opportunities. Taking calls all day can be gruelling, but there are plenty of opportunities for progression to other duties/roles.
During the average day calls were taken from all over the world and from different markets. It helped me to learn how to deal with different tasks while always delivering the best customer service. Colleagues were always helpful as well as management. Dealing with customers worldwide was sometime a task but the rewards was great.
The co workers in my department are great to work with. The management is trying their best but are still some issues which are not solved, also the salaries are not really good. The most enjoyable part is the team work
Pros
sometimes free coffe. tea
Cons
long hours, no promovations
We were dealing with the customers on a daily base. it was a face to face customers services. the staff and management were very helpful.
- ventes de séjours hoteliers à des particuliers - proposition d'adhésion au programme de fidélité - conseils pour les membres du programme de fidélité - contact avec le personnel des hotels - coaching des nouveaux agents - réglement de litiges ou ouverture de dossier de réclamations - réponse aux questions postées sur les médias sociaux
Pros
possibilité de developper mon écoute, mes compétences linguistique, industry discount
Cons
l'organisation des prises de congés très aléatoire
excellent management,its an international group so has high standards of training provided.
Pros
online training
Cons
Chef de partie à L’hôtel Marriott Durit Glen(Irlande) Responsable poste froid (entré et dessert) pour les deux restaurant
I work in a highly fast paced environment. The Starwood Irish office comprises of 300 employees. The team I manage directly is made up of 20 members. I work closely with them. I am their main point of contact: I review their performance and provide them with the necessary tools to develop and advance. I also assist my team in the day-to-day management of their work whereby they need guidance in resolving customers' issues they have challenges with. I have learnt that all employees wish to feel special and need to be treated as such. In view of this, i have learnt that while company's goals ought to be achieved, the path to undertake in order to accomplish these has to be varied. Flexibility is key to me when managing people's performance and development. The Leadership team I am part of is made up of 10 members. I look after my peers' teams from time to time and am always keen to assist the whole floor (200 associates) as well as my colleagues in different departments in whatever capacity they need me to work in (scheduling, forecasting, training, helpdesk, etc). The hardest part of my job consists in the challenges that the high turnover brings with it. One of its consequences is the loss of talents and the starting from scratch of activities that need to be carried quite repetitively (i.e. training). I enjoy the most the interaction with team members, the part that preceeds the put in place of a development plan, the influencing, the inspiring. I also very much take pride and enjoy in working on six sigma projects with the aim to make things better, for the organisation as - more...
Pros
multitude of tasks; vibrant, young work environment
Cons
possibilities to advance quite limited