Marriott International, Inc.
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ireland55 reviews
Great work enviroment
The management company I worked for was amazing. They were very supportive and willing to work with employees and Guest as needed.
They offered a good benefit package as well.
Pros
Hotel discounts for vacations
Cons
On call 24/7
Good company
It is a good compnay with a good reputation. Call cneter not too busy. The team is the best, very helpful. The salary could be higher. The office is in a good location.
Not recommended
Messy place, employees have no possibilities to book vacations, I was working for many companies and I can notice the difference between strategy in here and in previous companies.
Nice staff
Managers were helpful and friendly and so were other staff members. The work was fast paced and tough at times. Enjoyed the social interaction with staff and guests.
Mediocre. Very corporate
The workplace environment was very controlled and quite boring either due to high volume of stressful work or complete lack of tasks with no inbetween
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else about the job sucks
Not what expected
Poor salary, poor management, but nice colleagues, very supportive. The HR team is not that helpful. Though, it was still a good time working there. Too many calls
Pros
Hotels discount/job location
Cons
poor management
Empresa multicultural, de fácil integração e com ambiente profissional muito apelativo.
Um dia comum de trabalho consistia em estar em contacto com clientes por telefone e por email, apartir do meu proprio posto de trabalho nas instalações da empresa.
A maior aprendizagem que obtive desta experiência profissional foi a aptidão em comunicar com qualquer tipo de cliente, de diversas nacionalidades, e a facilidade em expressar-me devidamente de acordo com as minhas funções.
To many calls
I am currently working for Marriott international, I really like the staff and working in a multicultural environment, but in the english line i receive around 80 calls per day, which i believe its to much.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
to many calls, salary
Gained new knowledge
This was a new line of business for me.
It was a sales role but different to selling IT. I learned how to use a new sales tool which is generic to all large hotels so I now have the knowledge that can be brought with me if I decide to look for employment in the hotel industry in the future.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
Une entreprise fabuleuse
Ayant travaillé 5 ans pour Starwood Hotels and Resorts j'ai évolué à de nombreux postes à décisions. J'ai eu des opportunités exceptionnelles de faire progresser ma carrière et mes compétences.
J'espère que la philosophie restera la même sous Marriott.
Pros
Développement personnel et professionnel.
Cons
On ne sait ce qu'on quitte qu'après l'avoir fait.
The culture and people at Starwood are wonderful - they play as a team and do the right thing for customers. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. Mistakes are genuinely considered as learning opportunities.

Taking calls all day can be gruelling, but there are plenty of opportunities for progression to other duties/roles.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Empresa multinacional con un grupo de compañeros de diferentes paises, posibilidad de descuentos en hoteles a nivel global,
Great colleagues
whilst working at starwood hotels & resorts I gained valuable customer service skills which helped me in work and as well in my life. I have met some great people from all over the world
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Friends Politics
Busy workplace with great learning
A typical day at work was essentially setting up a conference room in order to host a wedding reception/awards ceremony and other similar events and then carrying out service during the events. It was a tough job with no time to not be busy, but that was one of the best parts of the job.
agreable
environnement de travail agreable bon salaire equiliber
Great team and wonderful management
During the average day calls were taken from all over the world and from different markets.
It helped me to learn how to deal with different tasks while always delivering the best customer service.

Colleagues were always helpful as well as management.

Dealing with customers worldwide was sometime a task but the rewards was great.
Fun work place
Good experience, Fun place to work. Company focused in Customer Quality and Experience. Fantastic location, near of public transportation. Fantastic benefits.
Fun workplace
Actually I did learn a lot new things.. like a team work.. if u do wrong but they will teach u again an again.. they are very the friendly... when u don't know anything, can ask them.. they are very the helpful..
Pros
Got canteen food is under tong le
Cons
Long hour got OT
Fun and productive
This multinational hospitality organisation was both fun and challenging with amazing development opportunities.

I had the opportunity to work with the best professionals in the business and learn and lead in this environment.
fun place
I loved it, The staff was great and the atmosphere was positive. The reason I left the job was because I was resuming with University. Now I have left my course to figure out what I really want to do in Life.
Pros
small breaks by the hour
Cons
Fun workplace , nice people to meet
The co workers in my department are great to work with. The management is trying their best but are still some issues which are not solved, also the salaries are not really good.

The most enjoyable part is the team work
Pros
sometimes free coffe. tea
Cons
long hours, no promovations
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.7K