Marriott International, Inc.
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ireland54 reviews
Great work enviroment
The management company I worked for was amazing. They were very supportive and willing to work with employees and Guest as needed.
They offered a good benefit package as well.
Pros
Hotel discounts for vacations
Cons
On call 24/7
productive work place
- organizing meetings
- reviewing reports

- analysing data/ results

- setting an action plan for underperforming hotels

- I learned how to manage my own time, deal with strict deadlines

- sending calendar invites

- the hardest part is time difference with North America and Asia Pacific as we are on a different shifts

- the most enjoyable part of my job is having contact with people around the globe
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
time difference
We were dealing with the customers on a daily base. it was a face to face customers services. the staff and management were very helpful.
security
some kind and same time voilance people in some parks, nice and enjoying food in the nature , nice friends some times jokes and so
Pros
work in nature
Cons
short time
Good Experience
I met good peers and supervisors. Nevertheless, I can't provide an exhaustive review, as my stay has been very short unfortunately.
Average
Fun work place with multicultural stuff, The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues.
The office started to get crowded as the company grew bigger
une journée type
- ventes de séjours hoteliers à des particuliers
- proposition d'adhésion au programme de fidélité

- conseils pour les membres du programme de fidélité

- contact avec le personnel des hotels

- coaching des nouveaux agents

- réglement de litiges ou ouverture de dossier de réclamations

- réponse aux questions postées sur les médias sociaux
Pros
possibilité de developper mon écoute, mes compétences linguistique, industry discount
Cons
l'organisation des prises de congés très aléatoire
innovative
excellent management,its an international group so has high standards of training provided.
Pros
online training
bonne experience
Chef de partie à L’hôtel Marriott Durit Glen(Irlande)
Responsable poste froid (entré et dessert) pour les deux restaurant
Very productive
Gained telephone manner and customer service experience. Lerned how to work under stress and pressure/achieving targets and deadlines.
Pros
Discounted staf rates in participating hotels
A place where you can do and learn through experience
A home like atmosphere, great managers like family seniors and the co-workers like brothers and sisters all there to assist in a kind and gentle manner. There is hard times but with associates like this it is just another experience or a learning curve, we all work hard and we play even harder.
Pros
uniform, dinners, stay discounts.
Cons
no bonuses, no job security
Marriott Reservation
Working with Marriott in Cork city is a great experience flexible hours and excellent multicultural environment nice place to work. My job includes provide information about hotels, room types, I have learned that hospitality job is much more than claning rooms and making beds, with Marriott everyone is equal that makes it enjoyable.
Pros
lunches
Cons
extra hours
Very good place to work with promises of developing your career, good manager and enviorement with co-workers.
A snapshot
I work in a highly fast paced environment. The Starwood Irish office comprises of 300 employees. The team I manage directly is made up of 20 members. I work closely with them. I am their main point of contact: I review their performance and provide them with the necessary tools to develop and advance. I also assist my team in the day-to-day management of their work whereby they need guidance in resolving customers' issues they have challenges with. I have learnt that all employees wish to feel special and need to be treated as such. In view of this, i have learnt that while company's goals ought to be achieved, the path to undertake in order to accomplish these has to be varied. Flexibility is key to me when managing people's performance and development. The Leadership team I am part of is made up of 10 members. I look after my peers' teams from time to time and am always keen to assist the whole floor (200 associates) as well as my colleagues in different departments in whatever capacity they need me to work in (scheduling, forecasting, training, helpdesk, etc). The hardest part of my job consists in the challenges that the high turnover brings with it. One of its consequences is the loss of talents and the starting from scratch of activities that need to be carried quite repetitively (i.e. training). I enjoy the most the interaction with team members, the part that preceeds the put in place of a development plan, the influencing, the inspiring. I also very much take pride and enjoy in working on six sigma projects with the aim to make things better, for the organisation as - more...
Pros
multitude of tasks; vibrant, young work environment
Cons
possibilities to advance quite limited