Marriott International

Marriott International Employee Reviews

Ireland65 reviews

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,926 reviews

Management is brilliant, work is hard!

Management is brilliant, work is hard! Enjoyed the time in the office, hard work but mangers are there to help!!! Personal need a good straight. This job wasn’t for me but the company and management is very good!

Bad shifts

Poor management , bad shifts, stressfull job, useless systems, not human Quality at all from management, no bankholidays off, no holidays during Christmas periodo, schedules changing every two months

Pros

Travel discounts

Cons

Bad shifts

Many career development opportunities, good environment, great people.

At the beginning dealing with the calls could be stressing but if you play smart, there are many opportunities to progress within the company.The higher management could be more innovative and supportive.

Shifts and working bank holidays is what lets me down

It looks like a friendly place to work at. There is many opportunities to grow in the company but if you're young a and you care about your social life I'm not sure I would recommend it. Working weekends, bank holidays and late shifts is just too much to ask for. If you want to sacrifice your life for job go ahead.

I liked my colleagues but not very much the management

It was very busy at times, especially weekends, weddings, big events.What I've learned it was more related to the culture of the country not with the job itself as I came from hospitality background.I didn't appreciate management very much, you know that felling that you're just a number in the company, sometimes I felt like they never really cared about you.The hardest part of the job I would say, maybe the idea that you had to do more than you were hired to do, and sometimes whenever you had to deliver something to the client and you didn't have the product available.The most enjoyable part of the job it was the people you meet inside, your colleagues they're were always willing to help you whenever you needed.I think the company should invest more in the people working there, such as training, developing, offer continued education, discounts, more social events, meals on duty, try to include people working in other times as well.Management should participate more, and listen the employees because the company only survive because we are there, we need them as much as they need us, so why don't appreciate the people working for you. Once you don't value those people they will always leave.

Pros

friendly people inside

Cons

They didn't offer meals on duty, you had to buy your own food

Nice place to work

As a sales and Service Associate, working at Marriott International has made me a better professional and a better person. Thanks to my role at Marriott I've developed my customer service skills and when you have a happy customer it motivates you more. Handling a high volume of calls always with assistance there if you need, fairly paid and with very good incentives if you cover your target. You have a lot of opportunities to grow and move within the company. I'm very happy for working at Marriott and I feel a part of the Marriott brand. Also you can enjoy Marriott hotels and discounts worldwide.

Cons

The office is far away from the city centre

Toxic Stay Away

Very toxic work environment. Supervisor only interested in getting top results by means of pressure to make them look good. Way to many calls. During pandemic instead of support just more pressure. Management non existent. I'm happy I got out after been burnt out.

Pros

Non

Cons

Poorly managed

Fun and rewarding work place.

Busy environment,Answering lots of calls from people all over the world. Making hotel bookings.All breaks and monitored from the moment you start.Its shift work opening times from 7am to 10pm at night. Mon/SunIts a team effort and everybody looks out for you. Super friendlyI started on the phones, then progressed to site support and administration to managers and to over 200 people on the floor.Loved my 4 and half experience in marriott,left due to covid and pandemic.

Pros

Free food and xmas lunch, Birthday cake

About 15 years behind current work paractices

Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.

No respect for employees

They will make the workers on salary work the overtime to cut the hours of the poor employees that are hourly paid you end up being on a terrible wage when you calculate it. Expect you to work Christmas Easter all bank holidays and summer months and take your holidays in January February time. Stay away and find a job that will respect you

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Buen ambiente laboral multicultural. Buenas instalaciones con sala de descansos y cantina. A mejorar la comunicación interna.

Un ambiente internacional maravilloso

Tras muchos anios y muchos puestos recorridos, tuve la oportunidad de aprender muchísimo del negocio y la gente. Si no hubiese regresado a mi país seguiría mi carrera allí.

Work like a horse and survive on only milk and old pasta for your lunch brake.

Unless you wore a suit you were treated like dirty on the bottom of the shoes of those that did wear suits. C&B=Long hours, no finish time, shifts back to back, often no food on your break, extremely dangerous expectations on staff to move heavy furniture and equipment, managers that could not organise a p*ss up in a brewery. The only good thing about the job was the unbreakable bond of the team forged through16 hour shifts and being deliriously underfed.

Wouldn't suggest it to my worse enemy

Really bad work environment Zero help from managers English line over 100 calls a day You only hang around your language team No social life nor a life in general

Great work enviroment

The management company I worked for was amazing. They were very supportive and willing to work with employees and Guest as needed. They offered a good benefit package as well.

Pros

Hotel discounts for vacations

Cons

On call 24/7

Internship

Worked here as part of my Internship for college. Everyone from managememt to guests were so friendly. Fast paced environment when busy but always a fun place to work

Iers gezellig, maar toch proffesioneel

Heel fijn bedrijf om voor gewerkt te hebben! Ze geven veel om hun mensen, en zijn heel empathisch naar hun collega's toe. ook ben je minuten lopen van de macdonalds en een broodjes zaak dus fijn voor de lunch.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace and not stressful at all. I work from 8.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday and even one day a week from home. I couldn't imagine a better place where to work.

Problem solving skils required

Great Company for people who love to work in challenging environment. High quality service with extremely busy time management. Perfect pleace for people who are able to resolve problems creatively.

Stressful

Busy, fast paced place, huge loyalty program - really challenging. There is opportunity to progress and relocate around the world, impressive number of locations.

Great company to work for

I've learned a lot during my time with the company, I have been promoted several times through different departments and always had great support and help from my teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement