Marsh Employee Reviews

This is not the company I worked for
Produce/Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, IN9 May 2018
You should put better filters on this because I worked for Marsh Supermarkets which is now closed and you just asked me to write a review for a company I don’t even know
Awful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, IN1 May 2018
I worked for Marsh for 5 years and never got any advancement opportunities. This was a time before companies had to pay extra for overtime. I was scheduled 48 hours a week without extra pay. Received no benefits and was still only considered part-time.
Good place to start, bad place to stay
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  United States20 April 2018
Company attacks talented people, but simply refuses to reward people that do the work and make extra effort. Don't even give raises if you are promoted, take on extra responsibility or work. Pay is based on company performance, which according to senior management has been awful for years. So no matter how much an individual does, there is never money for raises and bonuses. Long term employees pay lags behind market and salary of new employees for same job!

Compensation system is completely dysfunctional, front line mangers know it and plead to senior management to pay people what they are worth. Senior management acknowledges that pay is out of whack but does nothing to fix it. They are simply happy taking their bonuses for company doing so awful they can't pay the people that do the work?
Pros
Attraks a lot of talented people, has good reputation in the business
Cons
They fail to reward long term employees and hardest workers
DELI ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN14 April 2018
My time there was worth it. Learned a lot and gained good experience. It was my first job. It paid enough money for me to pay towards college. Marsh is no longer open however.
Client Executive
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI26 March 2018
Marsh is a great company to work for. The resources are unlimited. I was in Global Rick Management and I worked with Marsh offices around the world. It was one big team and everyone is willing to help out. I was also a Client Executive on the Middle Market division and a member of the Gaming and Hospitality Practice.
Great benefits
INSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT24 March 2018
Great benefits, enjoyed working with co-workers, was not paid for overtime, my co-workers were allowed to work remotely as needed, office closed during extreme weather conditions
Not enough freedom to work indepently
Business Process Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 March 2018
I enjoy the colleagues, but the management has some problems. Marsh has a big turn around of employees. They have a "work here for 2 years, and move on" mentality. They do not appreciate the long term employee.
low pay raise
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NC14 March 2018
good place to work they give you 2 weeks vacation that you can only use for special holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas when its time to give out raises no matter how hard you work it is only a 2% raise but still expected to do your job the way they want it done not letting you find better work ethics for yourself
Pros
break truck comes around every break
Productive and fun workplace. My colleagues were great.
CIU Staff Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 9001714 March 2018
Marsh is one of the largest insurance brokerage. Employees are treated equally and with respect regardless of religion and race.
I'm proud to be part of a well managed and reputable company. This is the reason why it gives me satisfaction in accomplishing my goals. Unfortunately, our department was dissolved due to business decision. But I have no regrets working in Marsh.
Tired of the runaround.
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas12 March 2018
Been at marsh for a while. Not recommended unless you are desperate and need to get into the insurance business. employees are great but some management and upper management is full of it. Salaries are horrible. Very stressful place to work.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues
Cons
Salaries, stress, management, too much change.
Marsh
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI6 March 2018
I enjoyed working for Marsh and learned a great deal about the Broker side of the Insurance Industry as well as the Commercial Property & Casualty lines of insurance.
Pros
Living in Hawaii
Cons
Living in Hawaii
Fast Paced Client Relation Driven
Administrative Assistant, Sr (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC1 March 2018
The typical workday was varied. There was different projects and tasks to be completed every day. I learned a lot of computer skills and client relation skills in this position. I had a great manager who was very pro-active and communicated expectations very well. The culture was ultra professional and everyone seemed to be very good at their position within organization. I most enjoyed the client relation aspect of the position. I looked forward to providing the best possible customer service when visiting the sites for the department tasks.
Pros
Convenient location to lunch places, schedule
Great job
Claims Consultant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool28 February 2018
I have worked for Marsh for nearly two years and have enjoyed my role as claims consultant. I am just wanting to pursue other opportunities in the sector.
Great job but poor management
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 February 2018
Too much who you know etc. not what you know. Worked with some fun and caring people. Management had tons of issues. When under pressure due to work load fellow employees helped to reduce it. Not much training but the employees figured it out as we went along and helped each other. Great place for team work. If not for management would've been an awesome place to work.
Productive and rewarding
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA20 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Marsh. This job helped be grow into being the assistant to the vice president. The work place environment was easy-going but yet fast-paced. I thrive on deadlines. I would still be working there if it wasn't for putting my growing family first.
Trainer Postion
Trainer II/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX15 February 2018
This position provides an opportunity to shape the first experiences of new hires joining the firm. It also affords a sense of satisfaction as new hires begin to understand and later apply concepts discussed in training.
Marsh
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA8 February 2018
The management structure was always changing. The employees were being overworking with little or no appreciation. The annual raises were always low.
No comment
Interim Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 January 2018
Due to an agreement I am unable to discuss at this time. However, I will say my experiences were good majority of my years there and they've had longevity with more than half of their colleagues.
Benefits
Cons
Overwhelming workload due to staffing
Great Pay / Benefits - Work Atmosphere is something to be desired
Account Manager/Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO23 January 2018
The pay is what keeps me here. There is no structure, the agency systems don't talk to one another -- Marsh needs to upgrade to an actual Agency Management System, not something designed by Marsh for Marsh, etc. They need a TAM or EPIC. They also need to work on the account structure. Teamwork is not their forte. Client Managers delegate to the Associate Client Managers, the Associate Client Managers delegate to the Insurance Specialists. Marsh is a good company, there just needs to be a redesign of internal structure of the client teams.
Pros
Salary, leave early day before holidays, Pto
Cons
Barely time to take a lunch, lacking teamwork, no direction.
not a good place to work
Overnight Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, IN19 January 2018
Retail is definently pay for what you get it was a horrible job the people there were argumentative and the management played favorites all day long. i would not recomend this for a workplace.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
you do the work no one else wants to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh. Our community is ready to answer.