MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL

MATER PRIVATE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Ireland19 reviews
The company is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there thoroughly and would recommend it to people of all ages and professions. The MPH is brilliant.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast paced job, Encourages to up-skill . Flexibility with hours. Patient focus culture. going over your working hours to meet the demand of the department , i worked until 1 am sometimes. Job satisfaction
Pros
work life balance
Cons
long days
I participated in work experience in the Radiology department.
The team took me under their wing and helped me develop a deeper understanding of radiography.
Pros
Great working condtiotions
Cons
There are no cons.
Work resumed at 8a.m and ended at 4p.m
I learned the importance of team work

The hardest part of the job was early theatre schedules

The most enjoyable part of the job was the swift response to emergency cases
Pros
it was close to my home
Cons
lack of equal treatment to staff
great learning and working place .. lots of learning in anaesthesia and critical care. best workplace in centre of dublin. management is also good ...
work place culture is very positive. quick turnover of patients. great working challenge. excellent learning opportunities everyday. quality based best nursing care.
Strong Caring Culture
Friendly management team who were engaged with staff and patients

A very can do attitude in delivering services to patients

Met the challenges of a strong growth period very well.
Each member of every department demonstrated care, compassion, and professionalism towards fellow co-workers.
However, for the level of work required in my respective departments, the salary wasn't as rewarding.
Management wasn't efficient. You could end up doing 11/12 days in a row and would only find out your shift the night before. The people who worked there were the best part of the job.
The mater hospital is a fantastic place to work. Work environment is always clean, tidy and safe. My day usually involves preparing samples, ordering deliveries, working on IT. Its quite challenging at times but very enjoyable. We have a very good team that always gets the job done. Most enjoyable part of the job is the variety and challenges that comes with working in a hospital. Least enjoyable part is that we are dealing with sick people. It can play on your heart strings.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Canteen is expensive
Worked with Both IT and Heart and Vascular and was such a great experience, management are kind and easy to talk too. Colleagues are just amazing and can guide you. Team work is vital to working here.
Pros
Great Life/Work Balance, Salary
Cons
Long Hours
Mater Private Hospital is a nice place to work at but I am not able to develop in my role. I am pioneering in this new role.
I am looking for somebody who is able to see my potential in bringing something new in patient healthcare.
Pros
Healthy boundaries
Cons
Extremely flexible hours
Workplace is fun and enthusiastic. The people are really nice and are willing to help and co-operate with others. The enthusiasm throughout the workplace is fantastic.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Small office
1.Days usually starts at 7 am till 7 pm.
2.New techniques in manual handling.

3.Good team work.

4.Good interpersonal relation with staff, patients and relatives.

5.Enough brake times

6.Work satisfaction
Pros
Free meals optional
Cons
Adequate break times
People are what make the company a good place to work.Full of hardworking people who do their best every day to take excellent care of their patients. No work place is perfect and there will always be stressors, but everyone here tries to work together like a family.
Good wage.
Easy job.

Friendly staff.

Busy but big team to help out

Enjoyable at decent pace.

Good holiday pay

Frequent training provided
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Sometimes stressful
This was some time ago now but working within this way provided good job security and good benefits.
i served patients there food at each meal time and i would also serve morning and afternoon drinks. i have 12 years experince in my old job . the management always made sure staff where in and up to standard with all there training. the hardest part of the job was working with cancer patients but i learned something no matter what pain they where in they would always have a smile on there face. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting to know about the job its self.
Pros
i got my lunches for free and a discount on crisps sandwichwes and drinks
Cons
working til six at night then staright back into work at 7 the next morning
A typoical day at work would include answering phone calls, arranging appointments, having a clinic, arranging surgeries, dealing with the public and queries regarding healthcare claims, filing, typing. I learnt quite a lot regarding how the hospital works, how to deal with all sorts of people and be able to help them, how to use the hospital systems. Really enjoyed getting the job done especially with regard to deadlines each week and any challenges that arose.