Maxol Service Station

Maxol Service Station Employee Reviews

Good environment to be in, staff treated well, management was good treated everyone equally and no bad treatment, shop was runned well and safe environment
Hey, I worked in both Maxol in Ballincollig and then moved to Skehard Road as a supervisor. Be aware that you can't change anything as the supervisor in both shops. Staff will continue to do things wrong as they are trained incredibly incorrectly. I wouldn't even blame the normal staff, as I wasn't trained correctly trained even as a supervisor? You will be fed false promises constantly to keep you in the game. This will be management at the top telling you this. 12 euro an hour is not worth the level of hassle you have to handle with staff. They want a robot that nods it's head and has no brain of their own. I would avoid this place at all costs. In 10 weeks all I achieved was moving a bin from the storeroom to outside the shop which is just shocking considering how much is broken in both shops fundamentally. The owners are extremely cheap and try to cut costs at every turn which goes noticed all the time. They seem to bring in new revenue streams even though they are understaffed.
Pros
Free roll if you come in early, Some staff are great workers, Free food at the end of the night time shift
Cons
Terrible shift times, Really poor english from management (If you are polish this job will easy), No respect from management
Worked here for a number of months..and worked bloody hard covering everything and shifts at moments notice..went to work one day got fired and still to this day have never been given a reason.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Mamagement
Excellent management and overall a great place to work. I really developed my leadership skills here, learning from a great owner. This job took my customer service skills and problem solving to the next level, having to deal with customer and supplier issues on a daily basis.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Progression
In terms working in Maxol though work colleagues was alright. I feel as though management was the best. I learned to work in both in fast food and food area.
Maxol Service Station was a pleasant place to work. A typical day involved working at the checkouts, unpacking deliveries, rotating stock and assisting customers looking to purchase petrol, diesel or household fuels.
My typical day working in Maxol Service Station involved making sure that all the product was on the shelves, sorting out the money. The management were very nice, friendly and polite. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming of any new people and welcoming to customers. The hardest part of the job was closing at night as I was in charge of the money and locking up. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
loved working with the public