McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 25,627 reviews
Unorganized and unprofessional
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare15 June 2019
Despite what is said in the welcome meeting you will never get your rota two weeks in advance ever. Pay is frequently wrong. Extremely unprofessional management. Some lovely staff however the culture of bullying is disheartening. It's hard to be secure in a job with three month contracts.
Pros
Double pay on bank holidays
Cons
Hostile staff and management
Productive, Fun workpace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare7 June 2019
Fast paced, good people to work with and work for, It's still a minimum wage job with not a lot of benefits, it also pays every fortnight which i didnt like but you were constantly moving around stations so you don't get bored
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The pay
Fun workplace with amazing people
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2019
Typical day at work would include assigning crew members to positions you would feel would maximize productivity to run a smooth shift.

I would also run the day to day business of my store and assist staff when we would have high volumes of customers.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with high volumes of customers which would put pressure on running your shift smoothly.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people in my team who I got on greatly with.
Pros
Free lunches, great team, advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours and personally, travelling
Best job ever
MCDONALD'S CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 May 2019
I really enjoyed working there, good crew, flexible shifts, fun environment, the managers were so nice and patient, good pay as it was a franchisee, obviusly you must be an hard working person because it's busy, that's why you can't be bored
Crew man (Former Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo15 March 2019
I did not enjoy working there, but i learned a lot working there. I did not like working on the drive thru, and it could be stressful when it was busy, and customers werent always nice.
Pros
Reduced price on lunches.
Smell
productive and fun place to work
Counter Hand (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin2 January 2019
Mc Donald's is a great place to work. Its a good pace to start of working. The staff make you feel welcome and take good care of you. There is always a good humour in the work place. The salary is good. The hardest part of the job is working under pressure, you have to make sure you are taking peoples orders properly etc you want you're customers to be happy with no problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the crew gets along and everyone helps each other out.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Easy to get along with other co workers. Easy environment to work in
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo27 November 2018
I learned how to work under pressure as sometimes it could be really busy and you have to adapt to being able to work under pressure in order to get people’s food out quick.
Productive and fun
reatil (Current Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin30 September 2018
Great place to work with perfectly good procedures in place to keep there customers and staff happy and safe, reasonable affordable and great place for all the family.
Pros
Cons
Lunch comes out of pay, pay for uniform, long hours
Flexible and fun place to work
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare11 May 2018
McDonalds was a great place to work. The management were very supportive and helpful. In terms of hours and shifts, they were very flexible and always happy to try and work with their staff to give them hours which suited them.
Very fast paced, trated like stupid
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sligo3 May 2018
It was my first job, staff were so nice at first, then treated all younger staff like idiots, were walked all over, managers scared me mad. Very scary experience with my personal manager
Pros
discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Shift manager in Mc Donalds (Current Employee) –  Sligo21 March 2018
Enjoyable place to work however I feel like the pay isn't enough for the work you have to do as management. Everyone is nice and easy to get on with. Opportunity to work up the career pathis exceptional.
good environmental
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Newtown City Centre ||24 October 2017
McDonald's restaurant one of the best companies I have never seen ,this is a ideal solution to improve yourself to their own training ,their salaries are never good but they have been feeling their appetetive ,I salute their activities their are so many activities and we can play with all crew members in every month . I just sad with us because no outing is here that's the problem . McDonald's restaurant is the winner level restaurant in the world
Unsociable hours money not ok for work you do
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare4 September 2017
]hours are good but don't expect to have a social life outside work. even on your days off they will ring you and ask you to work. members of staff are lovely but unsociable hours
Very well managed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  swords21 May 2017
Excellent training provided. Breaks always on time. Nice atmosphere and good pay. No unpaid overtime. Easy to manage workload. Good progression routes within the company. Two guaranteed days off each week.
fun friendly staff
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cavan10 February 2017
loved workin here was the best 10 years of my life the crew were like family an regular customers became good friends long hours late finishes but loved every minute
Pros
free food
Cons
late shifts
Productive and fun workplace
kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Cork13 January 2017
I had really nice time at McDonalds, workers been so friendly we become like a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers, become part of them life.
productive and fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin28 June 2016
work started at 10pm finished at 7am.
made sure the fridges were stoked.
cooked all chicken items. made sure the area was always clean and also cleaned the equipment.
Pros
food
A great all round place to work
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo30 May 2016
It is a truly great place to work, during my 16 years I have learned skills that will benefit me through out my life & career. I have been part of the management team for over 14 years & part of the senior management team for well over 10 years. I enjoy the face to face contact with people weather its my co-workers or the customers that we serve on a daily basis, I enjoy getting to know the regulars & seeing them as more then just another customer. Of course there is difficult days or times but you deal with them as they happen & move on. It's all apart of the learning process & even after 16 years I'm still learning because no two days are the same.
Pros
Health Insurance, Company phone.
Cons
I have climbed as far as I can on the ladder.
It was a very good experience
crew member (Former Employee) –  Wexford15 April 2016
i have worked for about 11 years . It was very good and i enjoyed it very much but i want to continue my work in UK for a better life .
A Great Experience Overall
Crew Member - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cork9 September 2015
Working in McDonalds was an all round learning experience for me. Management was excellent and very helpful. I learned new skills in relation to customer service and working partnerships also. I made lots of friends from my time working in McDonalds. My reason for leaving was that afterr one year the work does become second nature and hence boring...I felt a bit like a robot at times. I have nothing bad to say otherwise about working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K