McDonald's

McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Review

Great first Job for young people

Great training for crew. Training not always prioritized following promotions though. Very nice staff and relatively easy work. Great management team and wonderful culture.

Pros

Lots of job security

Cons

Isolated work site, extremely busy

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

A good filler job

Not a job for life but a job to fill in a gap, they advertise flexibility but realistically they’re not. Expect a lot from you for very little wages..

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Little flexibility
Same location

No social life and bad managment.

Worked for MCDONALD'S for 5 years in total all the way up to working as a shift manager and I must say I was miserable, lots of unprofessional drama that managers would also be involved in , constantly criticised and above else horrible working hours which they could cut as they see fit leaving you extremely stuck for money. I'm sure not all stores are bad but considering mine was extremely busy and 24 hours that made a huge impact.

Pros

Advancement in the company

Cons

All over the place shifts, stressful, bad management, pay not great for the work you do even at managment level

Unbalanced

Working at McDonald’s was a great experience the majority of staff were great to work with but the management was terrible. They never balanced the shifts fairly and it was hard for me to have a social life or even go to the gym at proper times. They also told me Id be on a probationary contract for 6 months but I worked there for 8 and and never received anything else.

Pros

I learned many other skills that I’ll be able to bring to other jobs.

Cons

If the store manager had more of a liking for you you’d be in more of a chance with a promotion.

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement