McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 212,063 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,064 reviews

Tiring and stressful environment

I can commend McDonald's on some things but the cons outweigh the pros. I am an experienced crew member but even with my experience I have been pushed to my burnout point every day I work because I get confronted with new problems. Poor management is the root of it but also the lack of a workforce is what burns me out. There are not enough staff to keep the place running smoothly and the management doesn't know what to do with the ones that are there so it becomes a terrible workplace for the workers who show up. I would not recommend unless you're stuck for a job

Pros

Free lunches(€12), ability to learn languages off coworkers and friendly coworkers

Cons

Management, lack of staff, bad pay, stressful, robotic

Good for a first job

McDonalds was my first job. It was pretty simple but the coworkers were not nice. Always rude and mean to me but nice to everyone else. When I worked there the money was awful but I’ve heard that it’s better now

Pros

Discount

Cons

Everything else

Fast food

Its what you expect when working fast food. Fast pace and not a lot of recognition. By the end of working there it was usually short staffed and tiring

Friendly, Fast paced

If you like to be in a fast paced environment to challenge yourself it’s a great place to work, the people who work there treat eachother with respect and if there’s any problems u can go to any manager and they will always help and create a solution.

how good the job is depends on colleagues

the only way you’ll enjoy the job is if you have good friends/colleagues at work. customers are always rude, management can be nice and it makes shifts much better and easier.

Pros

free lunches, good people, flexible shifts, good pay for under 18s

Cons

rude customers, stressful environment, not very rewarding

Not bad

I needed to work here to save extra money and it was a quick hire. I had fun with coworkers but sometimes management can be a pain. There are so many locations to choose from.

Good work/life balance

Managers worked around your hours when possible. Good work/life balance. Tuition reimbursement program was great, take advantage of it. Customers could be difficult.

What stands out is the pace that everyone goes there we get orders out and fast the costumers are petty happy

The bad is that they don’t really give you hours they only give u a lot when you first begin then they will cut it so if you are looking for a stable job this prolly isn’t the one tbh they don’t really care for there employees asw. From my personal experience at least.

Stressful

Not bad, flexible rota, free meal but break unpaid, management is shouting for no reason trying to make crew members do them job for obvious less money than they make

Good first job

Good job to help decide what type of work you actually want to do. Only thing is it sets unrealistic salary standards. It is very stressful and physically demanding.

Productive and fun

Productive and fun,good management and nice place to work.would definitely recommend working here. Fairly flexible and try and find you shifts to work around family life

Terrible

Worst job I've ever had, no training. Managers don't care. Everyone is mean. Everything was disorganized! Did I say no training? Also it's been three weeks still haven't gotten paid!

Corporate Company Basics

Job opportunities through mcdonald’s is great however i got very unlucky with location and what i signed up for with my supervisor and general manager. they as people are very disrespectful towards staff but the job itself is extremely easy. there are many ways to work yourself up the corporate chain as well if that is what you’re looking for.

Horrible management

Not a good place to work overall I would not recommend they are not for there workers. Instead treat them unfairly and management sucks. They change up schedules and expect you to go above and beyond.

Cons

A great place for a first job, you CAN learn lots of helpful skills

I worked here starting my Junior year of high school, heck it was one of only three real options, and it was a good one. But every McDonald's you work at is going to be very very different. On-shift management very much makes or breaks your day when you work there. Good management will give you a good day at work, but poor management can make it unbearable.

Stressful but you grow used to it.

Always hussle and bussle and always something to do and exspect to smell like syrup when leaving work. Have to deal with good and bad coworkers and customers. Management is okay on good days but hardly care to remember when something needs fixing.

Overworked and underpaid

Worked as kitchen and service on overnights with little to no proper staffing for 2 years would walk in at 11pm to chaos with management not taking responsibility over their team and making sure tasks are done properly first few hours of the shift are about catching up and if your lucky you’ll be done all of the closings shift tasks by time you need to open for breakfast at 4am on top of the fact no one provides proper training for overnights they throw you in blind and are disrespectful when they find out that nothing was done in the morning it took me a year to get a proper schedule for the night that has you gasping for air but gets all the tasks done before you have to leave at 7am I highly suggest not to do this job for long periods of time as it can cause Damage to your body after lifting and carrying weight over and over

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

No recognition

Hated job

Worst job ever treat employees horribly and don’t care about anyone but themselves don’t recommend working for McDonald’s the only thing the days go fast

It wasn't good but it wasn't bad

I worked there for about a few years and it was pretty bad, my work days would get cut even when I was being proactive and the management would choose favorites. It was annoying but I've had far worse jobs.

The pay

The pay was pretty good. I got along with all of my co workers except one but I just avoided her. The managers I had were great. I learned my job as front side cashier in two days and learned to make fries in about a minute, fairly easy job.

No Work Life Balance At All

They are a numbers based company only. Your personal issues, including medical issues, do not concern them. Management will not listen to concerns or change anything that needs to be changed.

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare McDonald's with

• McDonald's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?