McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Cashel, County Tipperary

Cashel, County Tipperary13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,298 reviews

A job for night owls

Job is decent? Like it's easy enough for the pay and you get free lunch but you could have the weirdest hours. Could be on till 1/2am one night then back in for 12pm the next day. Some customers are unbearable. Say they're flexible but they make you set yourself to fully available? 48 hours? I have worked 11 days in a row just to get 2 days off.Would be better if the scheduling was better.

Pros

Free lunch and employee discount.

Cons

Weird hours, customers

Would not recommend

Been working in the Cashel store and it’s a joke of a place half the managers bearly know what their doing or how to run the place and most of them treat staff horribly except for a few that actually care about the company. I had someone training me in that had only started a week before me, therefore I was not given proper training

Pros

Free lunch (limited options)

Cons

The whole job

Such a great place to work.

Best place I worked in after finishing school. Management was so understanding and always tried to adjust to your needs. Pay was great considering they pay every two weeks. Can always have a laugh while providing great service, never a dull moment in any McDonald’s.

Pros

Free lunch, employee discount.

Cons

Long hours, tend to be very stressful during busy hours.

Dont even go there!

I had the worst three years of my life there. No joke! I wasted all of my time in a poorly run, savagely low payed business with a horrible attitude to staff.The pay rate was abysmal, the management was horrendous and you were expected to "oUtPerForm" everyone without recognition or thanks.If I were you, I would not bother putting yourself through the mental torture of this job. I suffered a lot because of this job and I would encourage everyone to avoid this company at all costs!

Pros

One free meal

Cons

Poor management, horrendous pay, no recognition for what you do, mental torture

Good workplace

Good environment, but stressful work. Good management, well run. Not good hours, all over the place but good staff to get along with. Fair treatment of everyone.

Productive and fun workplace

Learnt how to work well undrr pressure for long periods of time. Very fun to work witj, meet a wide vatiety og different peoole. Very flexible hours. Night ajifts not enjoyable.

Enjoyable place to work in.

Typical day - work-break-work ( 30-45 minutes for lunch, food is on discount). I learned how to organize myself, and work as part of the team. Management was clear on her tasks and was very friendly. People who I was working with were all young, Irish nationals, very friendly open minded and helpful. The hardest part of the job was to work on Sunday when there was more customers than usually. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was working on burger's side of the kitchen.

Pros

Discounted lunches.

Cons

Non.

Fun and acive workplace

from working in McDonald's i learned a lot of skills with dealing with customers and with my team. I also learned about food prep and safety. this job is the best first job anyone could have, it gives you confidence and makes you a better candidate for future jobs

Pros

most of the crew is in their early twenties

Cons

management give no loyalty and did not listen to experienced crew members

Training provided and management skills

This is a job I love, I was working there less then a year and I picked things up very quickly which put me in a high management role. Which has made me in my everyday to train others, manage the store and people. I have grown in my HR skills so I was very hands on with reviews of other employees, hiring and firing. The work here is fun and everyone that works there works together. I had to be up to date on all laws and policies with scheduling hours for over 100 people on a weekly basis for over 3 years. Making targets and meeting them on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Reviewing profits and cutting costs on a monthly basis. Also reviewing Health and safety audits as well as Food safety on a daily basis. I have learned a number of things. During lunch and dinner rushes, you all have to work together to keep things moving and customers happy. Its learning progress about being an effective decision-maker under stress. Its a well organized restaurant and works well. You learn to be a good leader and means knowing what makes each person tick. You learn from each other and his/her own strengths and weaknesses and the way to get the most from others is to play to their strengths.

Pros

Free Lunches, and fun workplace while meeting new people

Cons

Shift work, long hours

Interesting and fun

learned how a gym operates, staff were helpful and interested in my improvement, the best part was being able to work out for free

Pros

Free membership

Great Workplace

McDonald's has taught me valuable life skills that will benefit me in the future. I have learned the importance of teamwork, communication and skills in hospitality and customer care. The management are very supporting and encourage you to work hard but also have fun. They have provided me with valuable feedback over the years that I have worked on to improve my performance as a whole. Even though I have been working at this job over 4 years everyday was a learning day for me and that was the most enjoyable part of the job. I was never stuck doing the same repetitive tasks and I got to interact with many people and give the customers the best experience they can have at McDonald's.

Pros

Discounted breaks, Crew days out

McDonald's

McDonald's is a good company to work for the only thing I have a problem with is the different hours and pay it's not great for a manager

Exciting place to work

Mcdonalds was a fun place to work but the wages were poor. I would work nights alot as i have alot of experience in this apartment but the wages were'nt the best and at times it was frustion

Pros

Dinners at a cut-price

Cons

Poor wages for long hours

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement