McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Cork, County Cork

Cork, County Cork37 reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,479 reviews

Good first job

Very good for first/part-time job. Great promotional opportunities as all managers are promoted with in the restaurant and start as crew. Very good training for promotions, get first aid training every two years.

Horrible management

Only work if you need money. Bad management, do not give you paid break unless you ask for it, so keep in mind to never forgot what you are entitled to. Got thrown into rush hour with one hour training in the frier and just expect you do to just fine. Not to mention about the customers being rude, cleaning the toilet is a nightmare.

Pros

Free lunch I guess…

Cons

Poor management

Stressful, overworked

if you just mentally checkout at the start of the shift youll get by fine. managers can be good or terrible, it really depends. high turnover rate so coworkers will change every few months

Busy workplace

Good first job, can take extra shifts if wanted, one free meal every shift, employees discounts on selected meals, extra bank holiday and Sunday pay.

Fast Paced But Enjoyable

Working here was fast paced and a bit stressful at times but for the most part it was good fun. Everyone has an equal chance of advancing to higher roles. Your colleagues also play a big part while working. Once everyone plays their part, the work is a breeze. Morning shifts are usually quiet hectic but the closing shifts are way more relaxed. I would recommend working here.

Pros

Free Lunch, Employee Discount Card

Cons

Can be stressful, Customers can be rude

Horrible hours

I told them I wanted to work part time due to college, so they stuck me on full time on the evening shift. I had to work until 1am, sometimes 2am on college nights. Honestly awful place to work as they clearly don't listen to their employees.

Fast paced and enjoyable

It can get very busy and stressful. However with good management can be very enjoyable. You get free lunch every day which is a bonus. But there is no work life balance and you could get called to come in on your days off a lot

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No work lift balance

Stressful workplace

Stressfull and tiring. When working at the back you are expected to get burned and be ok with it. Some managers are nice some, not so much. It’s a good beginner job

Fast paced work environment. Good opportunities for progression. Lots of training and opportunities to develop your skills.

Great place to work. Very fast paced environment so can be stressful at times. Good opportunities for career progression to move up the ladder if you are a hard worker. Good employee benefits. Flexible working hours to suit all needs.

Pros

Free meal on each shift, plenty of progression opportunities, good fun

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful at times, high turnover of staff

productive and fun work place

productive and fun work place Typical day included attending customers and getting orders out as fast as possible but there is no advancement or raise. Wonderful place to work as long as you don't have kids. Schedules conflict a lot of the time. Friendly people that work hard together to get everything done properly and efficiently.

Good benefits, tragic work atmosphere

They are constantly underemployed as they proceed to treat their employees very poorly so everyone is leaving. You will be asked to work six people's jobs at the same time and if you make any mistakes you will end up in trouble like you're a robot that can do so much at the same time. If a customer is calling you names, you're the one who will end up in trouble. Because they're paying your wages. You cannot stand up for yourself. Don't tell anyone anything as they will make everything a problem.

Pros

Free lunches, lot of schemes

Cons

Management, rumours

Buen ambiente

Buen ambiente y trabajo en equipo. A veces puede ser estresante

Pros

Compañeros

Cons

Estrés

Normal a veces de mucho control

Necesitaba el trabajo y empecé a trabajar, unos días eran mejores que otros, muchas normas de limpieza y protocolo con los alimentos pero bueno, si le caías bien al stuff i a los encargados ya tenías mucho ganado. Odiaba los turnos de cerrrar cuando estaba en cocina y cafetería porque limpiar eso era asqueroso en una palabra fina para describirlo, nos dividían por grupos pero había que limpiar expresamente todo y acababas cuando acababas, yo logré por último quedarme en la sala limpiando y luego los baños y ahir estuve un poco mejor

Pros

Pago quincenalmente

Cons

Descansos cuando puedes

Worst time of my life

I worked in the one specifically in the Commons Road, I left the job last year for a significant time. Worst job I have ever had..period.Pay isn't great, 10 cent above minimum wage. The work life balance is non existent. Working till 12 am and then in by 11 the next day. Fixated on sending you on break after 2 hours. They look after their own down there and the younger managers flirt with the staff. They employ so many part timers there that only work weekends and when they are working they take over the place. Their staff turnover is ridiculous. The place is poison.

Pros

There honestly are none

Cons

Management, hours and being taken advantage of.

Be productive

My review only apply to the McDonalds I worked in, not to the company as a whole. I had little career advancement possibilities, little support from store manager and worked less hours I was contracted for. All though, my hourly pay rate was higher than minimum pay at the time. I loved people who I worked with. Liked the structure and the fact that I worked in different areas on daily basis that made it fun and interesting for me.

Pros

Possibility of career advancement based on personal score

Cons

Difficult management

Good for part time

Easy entry level job. A little over minimum wage. Plenty of hours, if wanted. Lots of training. Progression available. Experience varies depending on franchise owner.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Physically hard work, cleaning and lifting

short and sweet

it is a very intense and energy-draining job worth all benefits from the job a lot of personalities premature promotions sometimes a friendly environment

Pros

one free lunch a day

Cons

sometimes unfriendly environment to work in

Productive and fun place

Usually busy. I learned really a lot of skills and knowledge even what we can use in regular life. Management good but can be better. The most enjoyable part of job is work with people.

It's grand

Good job to get you through life. It's rough to work there depending on which manager you get. Lasted a year til it got too much. Customers are especially rude

Great

Currently working here and have already learned so much. Not just in work skills but life skills also. You’re trained in and are well tested on it, management are always approachable if there’s a question. Full time here is proper full time but they’re also very flexible for college students. You’re given plenty of responsibility here.

Productive and fun workplace

Learnt how to work well undrr pressure for long periods of time. Very fun to work witj, meet a wide vatiety og different peoole. Very flexible hours. Night ajifts not enjoyable.

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement