McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Ennis, County Clare

Ennis, County Clare5 reviews

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,479 reviews

Professional Artmosphere and People Centered

The place is nice. I made a lot of good friends and I'm wasn't stressed. The reason I left isn't farfetched, I had to be a major key player than being in the bench. The work place is Neat, no stench.

Friendly Crew

To be honest everyday in there is different you its all based on how busy the day will be. The crew though are very friendly & some laugh. On the other hand some of the managers need are fair bad if there in charge of your shift.

Very bad atmosphere

Management think it's ok to shout at you and are very demeaning in front of crew and customers. you do not get thanked for hard work put in, they only focus on the negatives. Training is not given properly, your trained for a few days then abandoned then expected to be perfect. There is no fun atmosphere as McDonald's promote in fact your frowned upon for having a personality. Not very flexible in working hours, again as promoted in McDonald's recruitment ads. shifts are all over the place and they say it's ok to change your shift up to 24hrs before. How is anyone supposed to organise a life round work. you would be hard pushed to progress any further than crew because of lack of training and culture of friends and family have seniority in any advancement. Rules change to suit management, no notification given to staff on changes then you get punished for breaking rules you are not aware of or have changed. Overall this store is not a fun place to work, some of the staff are friendly enough.

Pros

Wages paid fortnightly on time.

Cons

Long hours, unfriendly atmosphere, bullying by management

Very close family like environment

McDonald's could be stressful at times especially around occasional days however we had a great team managers included. The workplace was always exceptionally clean, always fast paced even during quiet hours there were always jobs to be done. Hours were plentiful . I would recommend to work in this McDonald's.

Pros

Great environment .. discounted food

Its cruel to pay that little to work so hard

Would be a fine place to work if the owner and store manager retired . A privately owned Mcdonalds is much better to work in as you get free food and better pay than minimum wage. In Ennis they employ too many useless part time employees who are only used to working when there is alot of people on and so they are used to doing very little work which leaves the burden on full time staff . Also they cheat you out of your over time .

Pros

other crew members are very nice

Cons

the store manager is hard to work with

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement