McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Galway, County Galway

Galway, County Galway29 reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,395 reviews

Great first job

It is a great first job to have while studying in college. I worked only on weekends when I did not have classes. There will be rush hours with long queues but there will also be quiet times with almost no clients.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Minimum pay, rude customers

Customer service

Good job for start life. Nice people and you do everything there. Make food, cleaner, customer service, cash, prepare orders… everything. If you full time you receive good hours

Super fast paced workplace.

Very fast paced. Can be stressful at times. Great opportunity to make friends and have fun while also making money. Not very difficult to pick up and perform the tasks but can be very tiring due to always being on your feet and the sheer volume of orders. Good relationship between managers and crew. Generally get time off when requested. Breaks are always on time.

Pros

Free food on your break. Good training.

Cons

Can have long hours. Can be quite tiring.

Good workplace if you’re in college

Good work place if you’re a student as it’s more of a part time job as everyone doesn’t get enough hours to support themselves full time some staff members are ignorant and impossible to work with

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Poor pay/not getting enough working hours

Good workplace overall.

Great co-members to work with. The managers who were Irish were a delight to work with, they were bossy but all in the correct ways. Some of the foreign managers were just too rude and blamed you for a mistake you didn't even do, just blind guesses. My only suggestion would be to keep a good rapport with all managers. The hardest part of my job would be having to work with such managers on the same shift. On the good side, you get paid fairly well and definitely above the minimum wage, good opportunities to grow within the company and make a lot of friends for sure.

Pros

Free meals while on shifts, Discounted or half priced meals while off shifts

Cons

Politics by foreign managers to prefer their own community, racism to some extent

make great friends

McDonalds is a good job if you are in college as they are understanding with hours you can work one day a week and after college hours basically whatever days suit you. while I worked there I felt as if it was sexist as in the men only worked in kitchen and not many men knew how to work anywhere else and very few girls worked in kitchen. the girls get trained everywhere very few get trained in kitchen so we can work on any section but we all mainly wanted to work in kitchen but the boys always got first pick as its not a womens job i guess. i felt as if the men got away with a lot more then the girls when it came to being late, messing,lazy and not working hard enough. some managers I had were amazing and so kind and understanding others not so much and some didnt deserve to be. the power got to some of their heads. I had one manager that cared so much about everyone and even their outside work life if anything was wrong he would always try and make work easier for you. the pay is minimum wage and a extra 10c i think on a Sunday. Should be more but better than nothing. over all its not that bad you need to be thick skinned as some customers and managers are rude you cant let it get to your heart. You do make great life long friends there that make the day better when it wasnt busy we had great chats with all the staff on that shift great laughs and learned a lot about different cultures as there is a lot of different nationalities working there.

Productive and fun worplace

Met a lot of new people and made some new friends. Had an enyojable time there despite the long hours. Really nice place to be surrounded by people that will help you at all times.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stressful and a starter job.

When you Clock in, you get told where to go by the shift manager. Very busy job, constantly going which makes time fly. Tills are the best area to be as you get to interact with the customers, some good and some bad. Some managers are useless and cause all the staff in to be stressed out. The owner is nice guy, can be stressed out at times but is usually nice. Every night someone has to clean the toilets, not a pretty sight. You get free lunches.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Bad managers and rude customers.

Fun and Family friendly. Staff work as a family

Working in McDonalds was an experience I'll never forget. It taught me teamwork and how to work with people of different backgrounds, religions e.t.c The crew work as a family and there's no bad aura.

Pros

Free lunches, Good working environment

Cons

Always on your feet

Flexible workplace

Can have extremely busy days to a quiet day with a few customers. Learned how to work with others, manage my time and how to satisfy customers. Perks of working here are you have friends for life.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

Grand college job

This place is a good workplace for students but wouldn't recommend as a permanent solution. Crew members mainly consist of a younger group, management are fair and place is ran to a good standard.

Overall good place to work

I enjoyed working here, I learned how to be patient with customers. I am now a fast and friendly worker and I thinks it is down to the trainin I obtained here.

productive and fun

good for a start but not for a long term food is free which is good but job is mostly focused on cleaning so u will feel as part of cleaning company. So if u dont like dirty jobs,oil etc u will not stay for a long time

Pros

free food

Cons

salary

productive and fun work place

The staff and management were all a pleasure to work along side. The workplace was very clean and staff friendly. thoroughly enjoyed my time as a McDonald's crew member.

fun workplace

its above all a fun place to work. There I learnt how the organizacion of a team has to be to work properly. As everything was perfectly ensambled in a way that they give the customer a fast and good service. The hardest part of the job was the shifts as I use to do days or nights, was I didnt mind at that time but in a lorg term is not the best.

Pros

not responsibilities and easy job

Cons

shifts

Stressful Work Place

Expected to work long hours in summer. Learned about consumer service and providing quick and a satisfying service. The workplace relied on what you the worker made of it. Management was basic. Hardest part of the job was the antisocial hours

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Awkward Hours

Enjoyable job

Shift work whilst in college to help pay the bills. I really enjoyed my time here and made a lot of good friends, I got promoted while there and ran my own shifts, Responsible for staff allocation and cashing up. Also nightly stock takes.

Pressured environment, not much help from co workers

Worked there for over 6 months, the owner was a overall nice guy ( apart from when he was angry ). The management was not bothered and expect you to do everything while they chat with other crew members. It’s okay for a few months at most. Kitchen was awful, getting shouting at over a burger....a few managers would make you feel really small maybe a power trip, some managers were the complete opposite though very nice.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lazy managers, pressure, toxic environment for health

Very busy

It was never a slow day as the location was in galway city. I learned that every crew member has a particular role for the entire day. Management were fair. All staff were often only focused on their own tasks and not as a team. Not much of a challenge as you are only trained in one area. Decent hours were given.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Hours not guaranteed.

Easy to get by, really friendly staff

I really enjoyed working at McDonald's, it was my first job and I was basically on a "summer contract" so to say, it was a great work environment for a 19 year old, all the staff were relatively young, and cracking jokes , and having the odd time for small conversations made it seem more relaxed and friendly. I liked the variety between the day and night shifts,benefits included a discount card, and two free meals per shift. The nights could sometimes get unexpectedly hectic and busy, and at times we were understaffed for the amount of work to be done, but other than that I could have no complaints really about working there,it was a great starting job.

Pros

Free lunches, discount card, friendly environment

Cons

uncomfortable uniform, understaffed at times

not bad for some months

This job it's not bad for have something meanwhile you are looking for a better one, but I don't think too much people could stay there for a long time

Pros

good ambient

Cons

schedule

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement