McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Maynooth, County Kildare

Maynooth, County Kildare11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,437 reviews

I really enjoy working in McDonald’s.

McDonald’s is a great place to work, especially if it’s your first job As it is a relatively easy place to work. However, you have to be a dedicated hard worker as it is a fast paced operation. Management are understanding and helpful, if you’ve any problems. Hours are flexible and suitable to any lifestyle. The crew are friendly and welcoming to any new comers.

Shocking place to work

Worst experience of my life working with McDonald’s. As a college student the times are not flexible as described, management is shocking. Promotion is down to people you know and not on merit. Horrible atmosphere.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Not Flexibility + no promotion gained from merit.

Fast job and competitive

If you are hard worker, you will be promoted to be a better position, great management team, but the staff don't like to work hard and is lots of students.

Pros

Free food for staff

Cons

Long shift

friendly and lots of fun to work in

Mcdonalds is really fun and friendly place to work as we all feel like family in there. we turn the place into a musical place when it is not busy that's what I truly love about it

The people were fantastic but the job wasn't.

As stated, the people I worked with were great but the job itself was immensely stressful. I'm grateful for organisational and time-management skills that I learned, but the imbalance of work/life was too much.

Pros

Atmosphere, team work, lunches

Cons

One-week notice on schedules.

4 years in the mines

most days are long, sweaty & exactly what you'd expect from this particular employer. There's no surprises in this field, its an entry level position i did 8 years ago, and nothing more.

Fun workplace , great work enviornment

I would normally do 0-10 hr shifts, five days a week . Depending on where placed depends on the jobs you do , if working in the kitchen then you cook and serve the food whilst making sure the area is cleaned . If based with customers e.g drive thru or service then looking after the customers is the priority. I am also a customer care assistant so I would be in charge of the lobby and customer needs . The hardest part of the job was the stress , it is a very fast paced environment and people get stresses easily. The best part of the job was the other crew members and managers , they help as much as they can and it felt like a family.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stressful

fun workplace, positive crew

People are mostly very nice and friendly, willing to help. Crew members are most of the times real team, good management as well. Considering that place is understaffed, i expected worse. If they hire more people then it wouldn't be that much pressure on crew, sometimes it gets mental, and it's just getting busier. I learned more about team work, and how to handle 50-100 hungry people in the middle of the night. Hardest part is definitely getting used to the fact that customers dont put rubbish in a bin and getting used to nonstop rhythm. Working in shifts is okay, but those are too different so its impossible to have some normal sleep pattern

Pros

food, i love it

Cons

non consistent shift hours

Tough work but friendly people

Overall not a bad place to work. Management have no consideration for the desire to have a life outside work. Some members of management looking down on employees. Other crew members were fantastic to work with. We worked well as a team despite unreasonable management at time.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Expected to revolve life around your job

good place to work

Its good for students,its good to work here,flexible shifts ,,good team,you learn a lot of new skills,it's a good start in life.

Busy enought,stupid work shifts

management is 50/50 somebody is good working somebody is lazy and the hardest is night shifts and day off and morning shift next day...im enjoying at work with some crew...but not all the time

Pros

im not eating McD

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement