McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Waterford, County Waterford

Waterford, County Waterford17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,395 reviews

Not enough recognition

It can be a very biased work place in regards to friends and family. Many days 8 hour shifts have been done and not one eork of thanks, taking and extra shift, staying longer, or even just doing a good job on something, thank. You or well done would be nice to hear. Some managers are fair no matter what the relationship with the crew member is however, there are many managers that treat staff extremly differently on their personal relations.

Pros

Free lunches, flexible

Cons

Little recognition, long hours, no variety with job

Fun Workplace

When I worked in McDonald's, I was on the Lobby, this is where I Let customers know what to do for the latest safety rules when entering, I also cleaned the floors of the lobby and bathrooms, as well as restocked hand sanitizer and anti bacterial spray. When I was working in the kitchen, It was hard at first but I got the hang of it. The kitchen is usually very busy and you had to work your hardest to keep up with everyone else, If you got stuck and didn't know what to do everyone is really friendly and will always give you a helping hand. I learned how to work by myself and with others. The management was really great and well organised. The hardest part of the Job - for me anyway- was to keep up with all the orders on the screens in the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of working in McDonald's was working with others that were supportive, helpful and really nice.If your looking for your first Job I highly suggest that you should work at McDonald's because you will learn a lot of great useful skills that you can use in the future.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Enough Hours

Its a good first job

It's a good place to start, progession is slow unless you are pally with management, good team work between crew, higher ups arnt very supportive during day to day activities. Your shift can be changed at short notice and you are pretty much told to deal with it mainly because staff are young and wont argue it.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short notice for schedule changes.

vey poor working environment

Management was extremely poor and biased towards the people that were favoured by the management and requests made my employees were soon forgotten and you were made feel very unimportant.

Mcd waterford

Avoid if u want to hace a social live not worth the pay or the hassel managers always shouting thinking they ar better than you and owner is not much better

Needlessly stressful

The environment is harder than most people would think. Fellow staff members were great but management was difficult to deal with. just feels like the job is more stress than its worth

Meh

It's an alright place to work, however, some of the managers have a bad temper and are not very nice. The crew staff are some of the most amazing people.

Pros

Make friends

Cons

Managers attitude

Best job I had

Enjoyed my time here immensely the work wasn't all too great but the people made it a great place to be I enjoyed going to work everyday and Enjoyed the fast paced side of it

Fun fast environment

It is a really fun place to work. It`s all team work. Very clean environment too and was really nice to see the high standard they have for that. I was happy to be apart of it.

Pros

A free meal

Cons

Late hours.

Good experience

A day at McDonald's is always busy so you must be always on your feet and alert in order to deliver a fast and gold standard product to the customer .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad pay

good please for young peoples

I have big expiration for other jobs. Mc'D is good for young peoples. I need something new. Salary is in same pales last few years for older workers.

What more can you say

Not much is expected about working in Mc Donald's. it was a job too get me through and had nice staff and management however I wouldn't work there unless it was a last resort.

Pros

Flexible on working hours

Cons

not so flexible on time off for exams

great place to work

I worked here during college on evenings, weekends and all Summer. The atmosphere and team work is the best because the staff are all mainly students so we all work well together. The job is very fast paced but its great as a first job and to pay you through college (its in walking distance to the college)

Pros

food supplied

Cons

late hours

Absolutely horrible place to work

I worked here for nearly a year and I hated it. Management where not very nice. They didn't care about there workers. They don't treat there staff with respect. Bulling also goes on in here. The place is worse then anywhere. They could offer me €100 an hour and I'd still never go back there

Pros

Free lunch depending what you want

Cons

Overnights

great place

busy work place.and its very great,funny people working.great environment hardest thing is to work very late i learned how important is to work as a team and individually

Pros

free lunch

Cons

work on most of the weekends

Stressful but Interesting

Each day differs in McDonalds, you have to constantly keep on your toes and always keep an awareness. You must stay focused at all times and deliver a good standard of customer service. It gets very stressful at times, but is a very rewarding job and no matter where I have worked the team energy has always been strong. McDonalds promotes this "team-player" enthusiasm and it works very well to make the job very enjoyable.

Pros

A lot of fun, challenging and interesting.

Cons

Exhausting, requires a lot of commitment, you are frequently disrespected by customers.

lovely place to work nice people

everyday was a happy day in McDonald i learned how to meet and greet customers managers where very nice and kind most enjoyable part of my job there was haveing a laugh with the staff

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • McDonald's
  • Waterford, County Waterford
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?