McDonald's

Team Trainer28 reviews
Ireland28 reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,437 reviews

Fun workplace

Favourite part about working here was the people, they made the shift fly by. It was very stressful at times and the management can be a bit iffy, we were very understaffed so you would be on multiple stations at once with. One manager in particular was absolutely useless, would never help during a rush, they would just hide away in the office and come out when it died down

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Unpredictable shifts

Extremely stressful and unappreciated work

If you like being taken advantage of and not having your complaints listened to, then this is the workplace for you. Don't be expecting to have fun if you apply to work here

Nice

Nice place to work. All managers are lovely and the opportunity to advance is very high. Very accommodating with specific hours/days that you can work.

Not a bad place to work overall.

You will feel pressure sometimes, but depending on the restaurant that you will feel more pressure or less and the management will help you.It's a fast-paced environment that can be overwhelming sometimes.The best part is the people that you meet there

Great for people with no experience

Overall it was fun mostly most the staff are nice enough and welcoming gained a lot of experience and knowledge giving j had no working experience before

Pros

Free food Able to progress in your postions

Cons

Long hours monotone job

Horrible place to work

Honestly you'd be better off on the dole than working for those power hungry killjoys. The treatment you receive is poor, they treat you terribly when you start and try to make out that your job at McDonald's is more important than your mental well-being. The only way to rise up in the company is to have a brown nose.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, poor management, no air con

Fast job and competitive

If you are hard worker, you will be promoted to be a better position, great management team, but the staff don't like to work hard and is lots of students.

Pros

Free food for staff

Cons

Long shift

Its a good first job

It's a good place to start, progession is slow unless you are pally with management, good team work between crew, higher ups arnt very supportive during day to day activities. Your shift can be changed at short notice and you are pretty much told to deal with it mainly because staff are young and wont argue it.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short notice for schedule changes.

Meeting new people but poor management

Unfortunately, certain managers are difficult to deal with and I found the more I wanted to grow in the company, the more I felt unmotivated to do so.

Badly run franchise from both owner and manager

5cent above minimum wage, slow with schedules sometimes 3 days notice. Management is always right and your always wrong. No organisation or routine or cleanliness.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

McDonald's

Met great people working here. Overall great for beginners in the work force. Friendly environment. Fast paced, Management were great, enjoyable place to work .

Pros

Acquired a lot of skills

Cons

Stressful

Productive and fun

A typical day at mcdonalds is busy most of the time and sometimes it got stressfull but it helped me be more confident with talking with other people and helped me work better with a team. The hardest part of the job was the schedules, they were never done properly and were always all over the place. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them become part of the team and making them feel comfortable.

Productive, fast paced and fun

It is a very fast -paced environment, where team work is necessary. It can also be a fun environment at times. McDonalds is a very diverse place to work.

Awful management

Staff are treated poorly on a daily basis by management. Managers are overly aggressive and are allowed get away with it. There is a high staff turnover, but the franchisee won't look into why this is happening, they don't care about their staff at all, they only care about replacing them. There are no staff bonuses at Christmas time, nothing to acknowledge hard work, for Christmas all of the staff received a box of sweets.

Pros

If your interested in working over 40hrs a week this is the place for you

Cons

Bad management/ and Franchisee

Nice job for students

I had a great time working at McDonald's. Its nice place to work as the work involved is very hands-on and not so difficult either. You work alongside many crews and get a good experience of teamwork and how to you can improve it. The timetable is great as in my place I was allowed to choose the hours I wanted so great for students as a part-time job.

Fast paced work

wonderful place to work, very diverse working force, loved working here the job is very easy if you get your head down and get used to it there's always something to do and it's always nice to be able to have a laugh with co workers while working

fun workplace

It's a fun job, get to meet new people and gain plenty of experience. Sometimes it can get a bit hectic and schedules can be annoying but other than that it's fun to work!

Pros

Work gets noticed fast, quick promotions.

Cons

Sometimes shifts are crazy bad. (working couple days 1 day off and back to work again)

productive and fun

good for a start but not for a long term food is free which is good but job is mostly focused on cleaning so u will feel as part of cleaning company. So if u dont like dirty jobs,oil etc u will not stay for a long time

Pros

free food

Cons

salary

Good for students

Good job for students who are looking for a flexible schedule. Would never, ever create a career here. Management is terrible and do not know how to control a team.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Terrible, horrendous managment

The best job I ever had

When we opened our store, no one really had any idea what we were doing. In building the store together from the ground, we became the closest team I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. I am still looking for something that will come close to the fantastic time I had working here. It can be a very challenging job, and it is not always easy dealing with people, but I found it incredibly rewarding.

Always busy

I started off as a crew member and when i was there 3 years i was promoted to Crew Trainer and was a part of the Health and Safety Circle within the restaurant. It was a hard job at times but i liked it.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

working weekends

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement